StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions X pole x pert installation and joists! (Confused!!!)

• X pole x pert installation and joists! (Confused!!!)

Posted by Syren on October 2, 2014 at 9:24 am

Hi everyone!

I want to buy an x pole expert but I am confused about putting it up against joists. Do I put it between two joists or against one joust? I live in the Uk.

Also, I have an Artex ceiling and I was wondering if anyone else has put their xpole against artex and if there was any severe damage?

Thanks 🙂 tan x

Syren replied 9 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • I polekat I

October 2, 2014 at 10:38 am

Put it up right under a joist (so it is resting on the joist). If you can find a point where 2 joists meet (i.e. where 2 cross over , like an ‘X’) then the centre point of this is even better, but always always make sure there is at least one joist directly where you will place the pole. (dont place in the space between 2 parallel joists).
    Mine is also on Artex and it seems ok, but the pattern on mine is not very big if that makes sense, so its is not as bumpy as some i have seen. My pole seems fine but i have not taken it down since it went up so i dont know how the ceiling looks underneath heehee… i have heard suggestions of using a big square of wood between the ceiling and pole to spread the weight out… If there is damage i think it would just be a flattening of the artex peaks – if it looks bad when i move out i think i will just blob some paint there to try & imitate artex effect and hope the landlord doesnt look too closely…..
    Hope this helps! =)

• AllysonKendal

October 2, 2014 at 10:41 am

You need to put it centered on one beam. I suggest watching the Xpole installation video. It makes everything really clear. I watched it a few times before my pole arrived so I was ready to go!

My guess is your ceilings will be fine. Sometimes the poles make little scuff marks, but usually everything is pretty good, I know some people have them on popcorn ceilings. Personally my ceiling has suffered more damage from me kicking it than anything else. Whoops!

• Kash Marketing

October 3, 2014 at 3:27 am

Hello Guys,

The best thing would be to follow our instruction video – as you are specifically focussing on locating ceiling joists, we have a quick-tip video to make this task easier.

Please follow this link: http://youtu.be/A3Q_CHwOw3g?list=UUoo9Z0IxkkooTT1yQK634Sg

• Lyme Lyte

October 3, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Better yet, get ther permanent mount!

• Syren

October 4, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Thank you guys!