StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions X-Pole Rusted!

• X-Pole Rusted!

Posted by michaelaarghh on July 9, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Can you imagine how heartbroken I was to find out that my chrome x-pole has rusted!!!?
    I have it up in the bedroom, which has a bit of moisture, but we also have those silica gel things in the wardrobes, and a de-humidifier in there, so we’re definitely trying to control the humidity in that room.
    The extension pieces that are higher up to the ceiling appear to be the worst (they also get the least amount of body contact because they’re so tall), the ‘A’ and ‘B’ parts of the pole are rusted too, but nowhere near as much.
    It looks like little speckles. I tried the ‘rub wet alfoil’ on it trick, and that got rid of quite a bit of it, and I polished it up with some chrome polish, but it looks like the rust has corroded parts, and there’s teeny tiny indents all over the extension piece, that I don’t think I can do anything about.
    I contacted x-pole about it (on here, and via email) and have got no response. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this, and any advice on what to do? 🙁

XPOLEAUS replied 9 years, 10 months ago 6 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • AllysonKendal

July 9, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Bummer. I wonder if a powder coated pole would be more suited to your climate? I feel like bikes and cars can handle quite a bit of moisture without rusting.

• michaelaarghh

July 9, 2014 at 9:01 pm

That’s not a bad idea…I wouldn’t know how to go about powder coating though, and I’ve never poled on a powder-coated pole. As I understand it’s quite expensive, so I would hate to go through with it, and then hate it! And obviously I’ve spent so much money on my pole currently (over $1000 easily, given the number of extensions I’ve bought).

I know my bike sits outside, and even after days of rain it shows no sign of rust, so I’m pretty disappointed that my pole is showing rust after being kept inside!

• WebJunk

July 9, 2014 at 9:02 pm

X-pole should have some explanation. Chrome is fairly tough normally which is why it used to be used on car bumpers. It also should not rust from the outside any more than powder-coated. My Chrome pole is five years old and has no rust on it even with it mainly being in SW Florida which is extremely humid.

• michaelaarghh

July 9, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Hopefully they see this and comment, because like I said, they haven’t responded to me contacting them.
    One of the teachers at the studio I train at told me she keeps her pole next to her bathroom, and it shows no sign of rust, so I wonder if there’s something wrong with my pole? 🙁

• WebJunk

July 9, 2014 at 9:17 pm

How long ago did you contact them?
    You hopefully did not mention you use steel chainmail gloves for extra grip? 🙂

• michaelaarghh

July 9, 2014 at 9:39 pm

hahaha no…no use of chainmail gloves over here!
    I contacted them about 3 weeks ago 🙁

• tiggertail

July 11, 2014 at 6:41 am

Mine as tiny spot of rust that appear after after i stop poling for a while. My boys were playing on it and i had stop cleaning it so it’s my fault, since in my case the spot are tiny and don’t get worst i havent contavt x-pole. Hope they help you quickly.

• Stephanie X Pole

July 11, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Hi Tiggertail,

Just noticed you are located in Australia- Did you contact X-Pole Australia?
    We try to recommend Stainless Steel for climates that are beachy, humid, salty, etc. Stainless is rust resistant and will last longer in that type of climate.
    Unfortunately salty, humid climates don’t go very well with metal. It can rust.
    You could always purchase replacement parts for the pieces that are most corroded, otherwise I recommend googling some all natural at home remedies to try before using super abrasive materials from the hardware store.
    Check out this link:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Rust-from-Metal

Thank you and best!

• tiggertail

July 11, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Stephanie, I’m from Canada not that beachy lol, I haven’t try any chemical on it yet other than the alcool i’m using usualy but i’m gonna look at hte link you send me 😉

• Stephanie X Pole

July 11, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Oh Sorry Tigertail! I was looking at the first poster: michaelaarghh

Actually I used to live in Canada- the extreme weather there can definitely effect the pole rusting. Its freezing in winter, and often humid! Lots of moisture in the air. Hope you have some luck with those tips and feel free to contact us if you ever need to replace any parts!

Thanks!

• XPOLEAUS

July 13, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Hi Michaela,

I got your email reply yesterday & Keely is sending you an email now.

The only email we have from you is on our Veena inbox lovely – there is nothing at all in any X-POLE email account, even in junk mail folders – so next time, please contact us directly via the email address sales@x-pole.com.au or our office phone 02 9589 2645.

We have lots of people contact us on our Australia FB page as well which is fine, but as Veena is a US based site, the inbox is not the best way to reach us if you need assistance.

As per Stephanie’s message below – chrome is not ideal for humid rooms, areas where condensation builds up (like shed’s), or areas where environmental conditions like sea air are a factor.

As per any warranty claims, you’ll need to email our office with the batch code, your order number, the set you own & a description of the problem.
    Once we have all the information we can help advise you? To be honest though, as environmental conditions are not covered under warranty, I’d suggest maybe upgrading to stainless or brass.

Keely will help you work out the best options when you speak to her.

Thank you for your patience in getting a reply on this forum – you can always phone us & we’ll be happy to help you with any technical support 🙂

If you need the details in future, they will be on the auto-signature from our emails to you in 2013.

Keely will chat to you offline 🙂

Best regards,

Jessie Dee | Director
    Tel/Fax: +61 2 9589 2645
    Address: PO Box 253, Oyster Bay, NSW 2225
    Email: sales@x-pole.com.au
    Connect: http://www.x-pole.com.au | http://www.xpole.com