StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions X-Pole extension and base stuck together

• X-Pole extension and base stuck together

Posted by khandi71 on October 23, 2009 at 5:03 pm

When I received my X-Pole the smallest extension was already connected to the base. I need to remove that extension and use another to make it fit properly with my ceiling height. It won’t come off! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_evil.gif How do I get if off the base without bending the tighting rod into an "L"? Any suggestions??

kkatsuleres replied 11 years, 9 months ago 8 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • Castleoutsider

October 23, 2009 at 5:23 pm
  • khandi71

October 23, 2009 at 5:43 pm

That piece in her hand is the piece I want to replace…but it is STUCK!

• poledanceromance

October 23, 2009 at 5:48 pm

Hmm can you snap a picture of what you’re looking at? The base itself does have a piece that sticks up a few inches and at first I thought I was looking at an extension piece too.

• Castleoutsider

October 23, 2009 at 5:56 pm

yea i was kinda confused as well n was gonna ask for a pic hehe

• Jenn

October 23, 2009 at 10:07 pm

That has happened to me before. What I did was took the little screws that control the spin option completely off, which then allows you to remove that portion from the base. Then I put the screwdriver/rod through that hole and the another one in the extension to get the leverage to get them apart. Be very careful though not warp the threads where the little screws go. Don’t use excessive force. Good luck!

• khandi71

October 23, 2009 at 10:45 pm

Sorry guys, I was at work when I posted the original message. Here is a pic. I can’t get any of these pieces apart. I really just need that top part off.

• poledanceromance

October 24, 2009 at 12:33 pm

Do you have the quick release tools? If not, get them because you will be getting them anyway except you’ll be a lot more frustrated at the circumstances you’re buying them under if you wait. Trust me, they make life so much easier. If you don’t have them, I would try shocking it out of place. Stick the things through the holes, prop one against the floor so you’re in a position to push down on the opposite one to unscrew it….give it a go from that angle, if it still doesn’t come out, put a towel over the pole to protect it and whack it with something solid. Just a quick bang(that’s what she said)–it’s not the pressure that releases it, it’s hitting it really fast….(that’s what she said) https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif

• khandi71

October 24, 2009 at 7:28 pm

Whoo Hooo! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif You guys are the best! All parts are now apart! Thanks for all your help!

• Castleoutsider

October 24, 2009 at 7:38 pm

ah~ yea hehe glad u got it apart ^o^
    mine i thought at first wasnt gonna come off till i stood on the base and pounded on the stick and it finally came loose lol

• miss fern

November 12, 2009 at 11:00 am

Hey – just posting in this thread in case anyone searches "pole stuck" or something and finds it. I just spent half an hour or more trying to get my pole tubes apart.

In the end, I had the regular release tools, one in each tube with my sister and I pushing in opposite directions (to unscrew it). BUT first we squirted a hell of a lot of WD-40 on the joint, and IN the joint too (angled it in through the hole and then rotated the pole to swish it around, so it got all on the inside seam too). Not sure if WD-40 is an international thing. If not – it’s basically a lubricant that loosens rusted or sticky parts (among other things).

With the help of that, we managed to budge it about a cm at a time, using all our body weight pushing the rods in opposite directions. My release tools did NOT warp or bend (I think that only happens when you hammer at them too hard?)

So yea – that’s my tip! Lubricate!

• Chihuahua0965

July 3, 2010 at 8:00 am

OMG!! thanks for the help1 i moved to a place with a lower ceiling and had to get the extention off! taking the little hex screws out and using those holes totaly worked!!!!!!!

• Angel1201

July 4, 2010 at 2:00 pm
  • poledanceromance

July 4, 2010 at 3:01 pm
  • kkatsuleres

October 29, 2012 at 12:21 pm

I finally got it!!! All you have to do is completely unscrew and take out the spin static screws then your adjuster sticks will fit in the base just like the rest of the pole which made it come apart just like that. Mine was in storage with extension on for years I thought it would never come apart! 🙂