StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Working on Spin Mode & feel pukey? This may help

• Working on Spin Mode & feel pukey? This may help

Posted by calipolepixie on October 20, 2013 at 11:00 pm

I haven't been able to work on spin mode too much over my last 3 years poling due to terrible vertigo issues and actually concluded that I'd never be a spin mode poler. But at this point in my pole journey, I actually have a desire to learn on spin mode now. So I heard about this natural motion sickness remedy called motion eaze and thought "maybe it can help me on spin mode" so I grabbed a bottle at walmart for $5 and gave it a try tonight. It WORKED! It does not take away the disoriented and room spinning feel when you get off the pole but I didn't feel dizzy or severely nauseous like I normally do on spin mode, a BIG breakthrough! For those of you struggling with spin mode because of nausea and dizziness give motion eaze a try! http://www.motioneaze.com 

Maria-Elena Kadala replied 10 years, 7 months ago 6 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • danisita

October 21, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Thanks for the advise, good to know 🙂

• Hazi411

October 22, 2013 at 12:49 am

Also,try focussing on just the pole one your feet are back on the ground again 😉

• portableninja

October 22, 2013 at 8:35 am

I have only just begun working on spinning pole in earnest. I usually don't get motion sick from anything (I can read on long car trips, have no issues with air travel). But I had to lie down after working on the spinning pole for a few tricks. It's definitely a challenge! I may give this stuff a try.

• LorLynn

October 22, 2013 at 9:33 am

What I have found works for me is when I "un-spin" myself. When I come down to the ground, I spin myself in the other direction a little bit. Even if it's just a couple of pole-swoops in the opposite direction of what I was just spinning. It makes a big difference and it helps to balance out the inner-ear fluid. Good luck! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Maria-Elena Kadala

October 23, 2013 at 8:48 am

I still have to use Bonine (meclizine) before working on spin!  other techniques are focusing on the pole while spinning (not always possible), and "un-spinning" myself or LorLynn does.

I will definitely try the MotionEaze, because it sounds cheaper than the Bonine.