StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Woohoo!!! Shoulder mount dead lift!

• Woohoo!!! Shoulder mount dead lift!

Posted by heathalynne on April 19, 2011 at 11:23 am

Finally got it! Yayyyy!!! I've always had trouble with the SM for years, too scared to jump into it after an accident. Then learned the SM dead lift from Karol's workshop and could BARELY get my butt off the floor. BUT was determined b/c this was probably the only way I could ever SM. After several practices and lessons, 2 months later, it just CLICKED!

Instructors always taught from the floor and every little bit helped. Karol's tip: lift extended V legs parallel to the pole, then pull up. Veena's tip: keep the chest lifted, do not drop your chest. Then my instructor said the magic words, "PULL THE POLE DOWN."

That last little tidbit made it as easy as a plow. This whole time, I've been pulling the pole into my shoulder. Wrong! LOL! Woohooooo!!! Cupped grip, extended V legs, SM dead lift up!

heathalynne replied 13 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

April 19, 2011 at 11:29 am

Now you have me wanting to go home and try this.  Congrats!!  I know you are flying right now!

• heathalynne

April 19, 2011 at 11:38 am

Yesssss!!! Beyond flying!!! -=D She said, "Pretend you're pulling the pole down to the floor. Pull the pole down!"

I knew I was missing something. This trick was my nemesis forever!

• LoneStarDiva

April 19, 2011 at 11:39 am
  • chemgoddess1

April 19, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I just read this in one of the threads this past week (don't remember which one).  I am going to have to try that too to see if it makes my SM better.

• chemgoddess1

April 19, 2011 at 12:27 pm

And you are the heathalynne from S right??

• heathalynne

April 19, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Haha yup, that’s me!

Just re-read the other thread and you’re right! Some said it. Just didn’t understand what they were talking about till now. Lol! DEFINITELY works.