StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Wiping down the pole

• Wiping down the pole

Posted by poletrickster on January 11, 2010 at 7:18 pm

How many times do you find yourself wiping down the pole and/or washing your hands throughout your workout? I have to do it after every stinking move! Am I just extra sweaty or do you all have to wipe frequently also and just edit it out of your videos?

Audball replied 14 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • RoxyPink

January 11, 2010 at 9:32 pm

It really depends on the day! If I haven’t been on the pole in a few days I might have to wipe after every other move…but if I practiced the day before then sometimes I never have to wipe it down….unless I’m working on a new move in which case it’s like every five seconds lol

• GatorGirl4Life

January 12, 2010 at 6:43 pm

When I was first starting out, I had very little grip strength, so I was having a hard time not sliding down the pole. Also I realized later that I was holding my breath as I performed tricks, which in turn causes the muscles to tense up and my hands to sweat. Once you build your grip strength up, you won’t be sliding as much. The weather and humidity has a lot to do with the stickiness of the pole. Since it’s been so cold here, my students have been having a hard time at first, but once the poles themselves get warmer, they are finding it easier to grip. Remember not to apply any oils or lotions on your hands or body before you pole, as this can also contribute to slipping. Whenever I am learning a new move, I find myself using more grip aid and wiping the pole down more. After I feel more comfortable with the trick, I see that I am not sweating as much and I am able to stay on the pole longer. Just keep at it and your strength will build up more.

• Audball

January 13, 2010 at 8:06 pm

I find i’m constantly wiping the pole, pretty much after every move, or every second move. I also use the window cleaner frequently. Im a total beginner though, so i’m hoping that will improve soon!