StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Why we are leaving facebook

• Why we are leaving facebook

Posted by Webmaster on April 24, 2018 at 4:16 pm

To Our Amazing Members,

In the coming weeks you will see us completely separate StudioVeena.Com from Facebook. This will include deleting the Facebook login on our website, our Facebook group and our Facebook page.

While many companies have made the decision, recently, to #deletefacebook based on the privacy issues that have recently surfaced regarding facebook. For us these issues are only the tip of the iceberg.

Facebook is increasingly related to challenges we experience in society and as a business we are choosing to separate ourselves from these problems.

At StudioVeena.Com we encourage you to remember there is a real world out there with real friends who need real time with you. Remember that these friends may have opposing ideals but it is our differences that make us strong. Remember that it doesn’t take any effort or create any value to press a like button but it takes real fortitude to recognize someone for their value and shake there hand and tell them how they improved your life. Remember that its not the number of friends but the quality of relationship that matters.

MOST OF ALL remember technology should enhance your life, not rule it. There was a day when a photographer would judge carefully if it was worth detracting from their current experience to take a photo, now we live our lives through a lens in our pocket. Your life has value without a like button and regardless of whether anyone else sees the photos.

Sincerely,

Julie and Chris Brand
    StudioVeena.Com

lisakm replied 6 years ago 9 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • smoothduc5825

April 24, 2018 at 7:07 pm

I applaud this. Thank you.
    I never found you via..,“nor logged in via FB nor linked your business with them.
    I was never a fan of digital conveniences as they began to swap into my private life & information.
    As they moved in- i moved out.
    Its become neigh impossible to retain privacy WITH their endless settings update!
    Best not to bother.
    👏👏👏

• Runemist34

April 24, 2018 at 8:53 pm

I’ve been trying to cut down on FB time, and hopefully, only check it once a day or less. It’s really horrible being on there- very negative, very stressful. Blah.
    Good for you guys for getting out of there 🙂

• Colleen Larson

April 24, 2018 at 10:05 pm

I’m only on Facebook because I’m an author and I have a group and I run Facebook ads. If it weren’t for that, I’d leave Facebook. ~~~~ Good for you guys! You don’t need Facebook. You’ve built a strong community right here on this forum.

• polegramma

April 24, 2018 at 11:34 pm

I really prefer being able to have my everything in one place! I can check out lessons and see what everyone is talking about without moving over to another site. To me it seems more convenient.

• StrangeFox

April 24, 2018 at 11:53 pm

Good for you guys!

I didn’t have Facebook for years, but it’s one of the primary methods of communication used by the pole studio I attend, and I found without it I was missing out on a lot of stuff, and forcing the poor staff to have to contact me privately about things like session start dates, pop up pole shorts sales, shows, etc…

Even though I made my account “private,” it’s crazy how quickly Facebook crept into other areas of my life. I don’t find it’s a bad thing for me – I just keep an eye out to make sure it isn’t sucking up too much of my time. You’re right – there’s definitely a fine balance between using technology to enhance your social life, and getting so consumed with technology that you no longer have a social life without it.

Funny you mentioned the bit about photographers judging carefully whether or not a photo-op is worth spoiling the experience. Just a couple of years ago I made a conscious effort not to snap too many photos when I went away on vacation because: a) it spoils the experience, and b) real life always looks better than the photo anyway. I came back with maybe 10 pictures, and I haven’t looked at them since downloading them to my computer! 😀 I feel like my friends and family were secretly relieved they didn’t have to sit through 1,000 photos of the same German cathedral from different angles! LOL!

• Rachel Osborne

April 25, 2018 at 2:46 am

Good. Facebook is awful. Well done for staying true to your values

• Ldadams426622

April 25, 2018 at 1:02 pm

I’ve never been a facebook fan or twitter fan. People post crazy stuff.

• lisakm

April 25, 2018 at 3:56 pm

Good for you, Veena, for making a stand and staying true to your values. And for encouraging all of us to think about our use of social media, and to make an effort to live the fullest lives we can.

And thanks for all the great stuff you offer us right here!