StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Why did you start pole dancing? Is it the same reason you continued?

• poletrickster

April 19, 2012 at 10:47 am

I started after I had my third and final pregnancy, I was really struggling with finding myself again as a sensual woman and not just a mom. I saw the Flirty Girl Fitness infomercial and ordered the program which lead me to youtubing more dance ideas and to StudioVeena videos which opened my eyes to how much more pole dancing could be. I was hooked and still am. It is never mundane I never dread  it like with other workouts, in fact I have more trouble with taking rests and days off because I love it so much. I wear my pole kisses proudly and it truly is an addiction only other pole dancers "get" my friends just do not understand how strong the pull is to always jump on anything resembling a pole lol. I love the naughty bits as well but just the exhiliration of nailing new and impressive moves is what keeps me going!

• Danielle Tillie

April 19, 2012 at 11:28 pm

I started pole dancing because my metabolism was getting slower after college and I was gaining weight. I knew if I didn't do something soon this was going to be a slippery slope. I had gone to the gym sporadically before, but rather hated it. The machines are so boring. Group classes with repetitive motions, like Body Combat or Zumba, didn't appeal to me either. I saw an advertisement in the bottom right corner of my facebook one day for a pole studio. I took a look at the website and, on a whim, signed up for the intro class. I was absolutely hooked from my first spin.

At that time, even after that class, I had no clue about the intense acrobatic side of pole. It wasn't until my third class that my instructor suggested I look up Pantera Blacksmith. My jaw dropped, especially after seeing her Death Lay. I thought to myself, could I ever do something like that? At that time in my life my confidence wasn't exactly stellar. I was having a rough time in grad school. Every time I nailed a new pole trick I felt awesome about myself. That new confidence was what got me through that degree, and it's what keeps my chin up now. 

I continue to pole dance because I absolutely love it. I am in the best shape of my life and I love my muscles, strength, and flexibility. I love feeling sensual and beautiful. There is no end to pole dance. You don't play all the levels and beat the boss at the end. The ambition remains and the goals are ever-evolving. I will never tire of pole dance. <3

• pegasusaerialfitness

April 20, 2012 at 7:39 am

It started out as a joke to rule it out as a addition to my business, but I soon realized that it's the real deal as a fitness activity and not people "playing stripper." I keep with it, because

I'm actually not very good at it, 

I'm a super slow learner,

it is very very challenging for me, and reminds me of when I was a gymnast

PS. I like doing new things that challenge me, but Pole is very frustrating for me and it seems like it should be easier..but it's not for me. 

• Beingalex

April 20, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I started because I had reached an alltime low with my self image, I had put on a large amount of weight after quiting smoking and having my first child.  A work collegue of my husbands suggested Pole lessons that were running in my town.  I hadn't done much exercise for a very long time and was usually into water sports when I did anything, Kayaking, swimming, windsurfing etc.  I kind of fell in and out of love with pole for a while, the classes I was going to were just basic moves worked into dance routines for cardio exercise, I also had another child but continued to exercise as much as I could.

Then I discovered Zoraya Judd on you Tube one day and OMG I had to learn to do that!!!!

I started looking for online lessons and stumbled on Studio Veena, ordered an x-pole and began Veenas strength videos.  I have not looked back since.

Im now 32 years old and feel that I have FINALLY found the thing Im meant to do with my life, I really want to compete and teach others but the thing that really keeps me addicted is that feeling you get when your body surprises you as you learn yet another superhuman move! Im also a very emotional person and pole gives me a means of expression.  I think about pole nearly every second of every day, whenever I hear a song I make up a routine in my head.

I LOVE POLE!

• FuzzyNavel

April 20, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I started pole dancing a few years ago. My first time was at a party organized for my local mom's group (not your average mom's group https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif) at a local studio. I always LOVED dancing, love music, and the senuality and sometimes erotic aspects of dance. I had just had a terribly difficult 3rd pregnancy and really lost myself and my self image in the duration of what was a very "medicalized" (is that a word?) pregnancy and also some surgeries. I was also very overweight and had started pushing myself hard to lose the weight and be the me I was on the inside. I LOVED pole dance–dancing sexy, wiggling around on the floor, body waves, hip circles. AND the SHOES!!!! My first pair were 6.5in light up ones and I still adore them. Then I found pole dancing on youtube and saw TaraKarina do a caterpillar climb! I thought "holy shit, that is my dream"–it was SO sexy, SO strong, SO DIFFERENT!

Pole has brought so many unexpected things–I much more "colorful" now, I have amazing friends I adore, I truly do this for myself…BUT I always try to remind myself of why I went to that first party, cause in the end–I really just want to dance to the music I love, feel incredibly sexy, and every once in awhile I defy gravity. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Page 2 of 2