StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Where does your pole live?

• grayeyes

August 11, 2014 at 11:15 pm

Mine’s in my bedroom. I wanted to take advantage of my vaulted ceiling and the only other vaulted ceiling was in my living room but there’s a pool table in the way so it ended up in the bedroom at 10 feet. I think I could have gone close to 12 feet but I was too cheap to pay for a pole of that height.

It’s only my husband and I at home so I practice whenever, and he is rarely in the room when I do…unless I need him to spot me.

• Yennifer

August 12, 2014 at 3:39 am

My pole is currently in my bedroom although I don’t have much space for spins in there but I do have mirrored wardrobes which is nice. I’ve only recently came back to poling so haven’t been using it too much but I’m considering moving it into the living room where I’ll have more room to work on spins.

• allisonbutwell5884

August 13, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Mine is also in my living room. No doors, so if I am practicing at home I have boundries with the kids to respect my time and not peep(don’t mind if hubs does). It also works well to pop in a movie in the other room and pop some popcorn to keep them distracted.

• ksthies2805

August 14, 2014 at 8:17 pm

I am super spoiled, I have a photo studio in my home (giant open room with a tall ceiling) and when I don’t have clients I pole!

• poletrotter

August 15, 2014 at 3:47 am

My pole is in the center of my living room along with a huge Infrared sauna which is perfect for warming up before stretches. If you have to keep your pole in the living room but want a semi private space you may consider putting up some ceiling hanging curtains, foldable privacy screens or even make your own screens if you are handy. Get creative, there must be a way for you to be comfortable!

• Veena

Administrator
    August 15, 2014 at 11:57 am

Living in an RV means my stage pole is below the RV, in a storage space, and all the rest are in a storage unit waiting for me!! Sometimes I can find space for my stage pole outside when we are staying at a campground. I REALLY miss dancing on a floor!!!

• s3r3nkk3

August 16, 2014 at 6:35 pm

My pole is in my bedroom, though I would love a dedicated space. I have been moving all furniture around to have enough space around it to practice spins and everything. In the beginning I would close the door when somebody came to visit to avoid questions but after almost one year of poling I really don’t care anymore. People make the funniest faces when they see it and ask the most stupid questions – often in a whisper ;o)
    I practice whenever I can, mostly in the evenings after work and on Sunday afternoons and I find that privacy helps me feel more relaxed because I have all the time I need to try new things and at home I often nail moves that I could not do at the studio. Isn’t that funny?

• Allgold78

August 20, 2014 at 8:50 am

It’s funny isn’t it, when you look at people’s videos it looks like they have loads of space, however in real life most of us have the same issues with space. I’d still love to have my pole in it’s own room but until then the front room will be just fine.

• AllysonKendal

August 26, 2014 at 6:26 pm

My pole lives in my guest bedroom…

I often wonder if people think that’s my bedroom when they see pics/video. It’s not. It’s not a bad guest room but it’s all hand me down furniture and junk I couldn’t fit anywhere else. 🙂 I have a much more mature big girl (and boy) room across the hall with real furniture and nicer linens. Hehe.

Anyway, I have privacy, and it’s a room I’m comfortable in. I keep my jewelry, nail polish and makeup on that dresser, so it feels very much like my space. I wish I had a TV in there, but there is no cable jack. I hear there are wireless cables boxes these days but I haven’t looked into it too much. I plan on it though.

I don’t have nearly enough space but I make it work. The camera makes it look far more spacious than it is. I’d love to get rid of all the furniture and have it be a dedicated pole space…however, we do have guests and family come stay with us for weekends, so having a guest room is a must. :/

Well I’m hoping for an addition in the next decade or so… Ha.

• Sammi23

August 26, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Mine is also currently in my living room, my house is so tiny :(. I would love to have a spare bedroom to turn into a pole studio for myself with mirrors and lights and an awesome sound system, oh the possibilities! Next house we buy or build, will be planning for this!

• Kalighhargraves5811

August 26, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Mine lives in my basement, it is the only place mom would let me put it. The ceilings are low, but it works 🙂

• Jenn1989

August 31, 2014 at 11:41 am

I have major space issues too, and I decided to put my pole in the kitchen. It’s the biggest room in the house, so all I have to do is push the table over and I’m good to go. I got a couple thick foam mats to go around the bottom for when I’m practising to protect me from the tile.

• Slkysmth

September 1, 2014 at 1:13 pm

My pole lives in our bedroom. I have a whole room downstairs but my hubby wouldn’t let me put it there. Now I’m glad cuz in the bedroom the ceilings are higher so I get three really good climbs before I reach the top plus I can turn up the music and not bother anyone! (Unless it’s a school night then I gotta keep it to a low roar) I will eventually have my own pole room in a few years as my daughter will be moving out then. 😕

• Caribbean

September 1, 2014 at 8:23 pm

My pole lives in my husband’s man cave. It was his idea to place it there and since it is an x stage lite, it can be removed any time. However, it has been the main entertainment when friends are over.

• Rachel Osborne

September 1, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Bedroom, which makes my friends go ‘wah hey nudge nudge’ but it’s because there’s space for it there, and also space for the weights bench and bar bells, foam rollers, yoga mats etc. It’s not that the pole makes our bedroom like a sexy boudoir (although my new disco lights are an attempt at ambience) – it’s more that our bedroom looks like a fitness studio with a bed in it.

Page 2 of 3