StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Where can I get a crash mat from – Aussie!?

• Where can I get a crash mat from – Aussie!?

Posted by michaelaarghh on September 1, 2012 at 7:31 am

Hey! 

I know there's a few posts on this and I have read through them all – but most of the links that people have provided are outdated and some of the products are no longer available. 

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can get a crash mat from that I can get either from Australia or that ships to Australia? $300 is kind of my limit…

Or if you know of anywhere where I can get gym mats from? 

Also – for those of you who have crash mats: what thickness is yours?

TIA!

michaelaarghh replied 11 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Eden Body

September 1, 2012 at 9:39 am
  • Eden Body

September 1, 2012 at 11:21 am

I just did a google search and found these sites. I did not fully research the companies so make sure they are legit if you're going to order from them. Also, I saw lots of companies selling pole dance mats in the US and Uk. You may want to do a google search and see if any of them ship to Australia.

• michaelaarghh

September 2, 2012 at 1:09 am

Thanks Wild Lotus! 

I did a google search but didn't come across anything,so this is a real help. I have looked into shipping from the UK and the US and it is exorbitant which is why i think it's probably better to just order from inside the country

• michaelaarghh

September 2, 2012 at 1:09 am

Thanks Wild Lotus! 

I did a google search but didn't come across anything,so this is a real help. I have looked into shipping from the UK and the US and it is exorbitant which is why i think it's probably better to just order from inside the country

• MissMeliss

September 2, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Have you tried Clark Rubber?

• Onga01

September 3, 2012 at 1:42 am

Trick master pole mats come from queensland and i know that because im the face of their company! Yay for me. The mats fit an x-stage and arent super duper soft but will break a fall. However super soft ones can be arranged 🙂 hope this helps xx

• michaelaarghh

September 3, 2012 at 7:57 am

Oh marcelle91 Thanks for your input! I was actually seriously looking at buying from this company – I love that they're Australian made, the p&h costs were reasonable. 

So when you say they're not super duper soft…I did email the maker and they said they're about 5cm thick. Do you know are they like gymnastics mats? I really just want it to cushion a fall, and to feel safer when practicing handstands, but I don't want to sink into it if that makes sense?

• Onga01

September 3, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Sorry by softness i should of said thickness. Yes about 5cm thick and i can guarntee there will be no sinking 🙂

• sydneylaura

September 3, 2012 at 11:57 pm

What about good ol' Ebay? That is my first point of research for everything 🙂

• michaelaarghh

September 4, 2012 at 12:31 am

Have looked on ebay – nothing there 🙁

@missmeliss – have looked at clark rubber's website but i'm not sure what type of foam i'm looking for?

• MissMeliss

September 5, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Aye.. I have no idea what type of rubber, either, hah. I'd call them and ask about it, they SHOULD know what density/thickness.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

• michaelaarghh

September 5, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I think I might just give them a call actually – pretty sure they'd know. It would be about $200 cheaper to buy from them so it's definitely smoething I'm looking in to. 

Thanks for your help and I'll keep you updated!