StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions When do you find time to pole?

• When do you find time to pole?

Posted by Jenn PoleLush on May 11, 2010 at 9:36 am

Just wondering how everyone else manages their pole time…
    As we all know it is extremely addicting and I find sometimes that I never have enough time…so I squeeze it in where I can!
    I am an RN and work FT midnights (7p-7a) on a continental schedule–I have a 9 year old son and a 3 year old daughter. I find I get up early from working midnights–I typically go to bed at 0830 and wake at 1230 to warmup, stretch and pole. Then all the busy stuff with kids, homework, picking up kids, dinner then back to work and then I do it again the next day. I also work contingent in a Detroit hospital as a Nurse Anesthetist about five days a month. I am exhausted but still find I don’t get to pole as much as I would like, kwim? I would love to pole at night on my days of but when the kids are sleeping I can’t very well put on my music and be banging around. So, just out of interest, how do you fit poling in your daily life?
    Thanks ladies! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

nymphdancer replied 14 years, 2 months ago 8 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • minicoopergrl

May 11, 2010 at 10:33 am

its even harder when dont have your own pole yet. Im also a f/t working mom. My schedule is m-f 6a-3p. I have a 5yo and a 15mos old. I typically go to class tues/thurs at 730 that way my husband is home and one of the kids are already in bed. Once summer comes I can pole more b/c my oldest wont be in school.

I say get out a weekly plan sheet. Have it set up by hours and block out your time. Then post it where everyone in the house can see so there is no questioning it. One of the many things ive learned from Mary Kay.

• Jenn PoleLush

May 11, 2010 at 11:53 am

Ugh, I cannot even imagine not having my own pole…I empathize with you there! I consider myself lucky that I have one in my home…I think I need one at my job too..lol

• chemgoddess1

May 11, 2010 at 1:09 pm

I HAVE to set aside time or it will never happen but there are some nights when life just gets in the way. I seem to have more energy now that it gets darker later in the day but I know that camping season is starting so my life is going to get hectic. I guess it is just like everything else, you have to schedule it and keep your appointment!

• PoleDanceABCs

May 11, 2010 at 5:52 pm

I hope you get a pole… having one at home is just awesome. I can do it whenever I like… in the morning before work or right after work or before going to bed. Some days I have to skip working out all together because I just don’t have time between work, school, and home. On those days I made sure to make good use of my small breaks and lunch break… taking walks or stretching/doing yoga in my office. I just close my door and enjoy taking a break from the computer.

• oldenglish

May 23, 2010 at 1:36 pm

I try to pole after work after I make sure the family is fed and taken care of for the next day. I try to get a few spins in everyday. My pole is in our bedroom so its pretty easy. The weekends I can get it in for alot longer cause I dont have to be anywhere else.

• Charley

May 23, 2010 at 6:20 pm

For someone who is around poles all day I find it hard to find time to pole just for me.

I *almost* get sick of pole dancing because I do it so often. On my days off the last thing I want to do is touch a pole so it’s a lot of forcing myself to work on new things, set goals and work on ideas for vids.

Even though I have a pole room, I still rarely pole when my bf is home.

• pole-twista

May 23, 2010 at 8:22 pm

sometimes i tell myself i just am going to put my head phones on and dance for atleast 2 full songs. doesn’t have to be fancy, just fun. i uausally end up doing it for 3-5 songs https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• pole-twista

May 23, 2010 at 8:23 pm

ps- if you don’t have a pole, get on the floor, use a wall, pull up a chair. make it work ladies! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_queen.gif

• nymphdancer

June 1, 2010 at 10:59 am

I’m lucky my kids sleep like the dead, so I can pole when they are asleep. However we eat dinner late and most of the time I don’t feel much like it. Trying to make myself pole while they are at school (of course now the school year is ending) but I’m not much of a daylight dancer https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif