StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What is your best TIPS for competition

• What is your best TIPS for competition

Posted by joni1 on May 3, 2014 at 9:40 am

Hi everyone. I’m entering my 1st Pole Competition in master division at the Canadian Pole Fitness Championship and was wondering for those of you who have competed before what your best tips would be. Thank you so much.

joni1 replied 10 years ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • jsheridan

May 3, 2014 at 7:22 pm

1. Judges are subjective, dont compete if you will base your self worth on what they say. Different judges will give different results. If they provide feedback, take what can help you, leave the rest. The only saw you for about 3 minutes, so cant give perfect feedback about who you are as a poler.
    2. Have fun, do your best, be proud of getting up there
    3. No routine will ever go perfect. Just sell whatever happened as what was supposed to happen.
    4. Use eye contact/body language etc to engage the audience, draw them in.
    5. Dont publicly criticize the event if things went less than ideally. They put in a lot of hours, stuff happens. They should gladly take feedback if you want to give it, but dont blast their hard work on public forums like facebook.
    6. Point your toes 🙂

• Runemist34

May 3, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Oh man, there are a BILLION different tips one could give for both performance and competition! Best thing I could possibly say is this: Do something YOU are proud of!
    My best example of this is thus: I have never won anything, quite literally. I’ve always been one of those “consolation/thanks for trying” sort of prize winners. I never believed in being proud of myself, because I was crazily afraid of being prideful. I’m weird, I know. BUT, recently for a class we had a “Pitch your story” competition, in which we could win a very nice portfolio. I looked at that and said “I’m not going to win that, so… instead, I’m going to make something I am proud of!”
    I won the thing. I was shocked.
    Also, another good example: Felix Cane is seen saying, before her performance that she won the first Australian competition she competed in, “I’m not really here to win, I’m just happy to be in it.”

I agree with JSheridan on all the other points. 🙂

• joni1

May 4, 2014 at 8:48 am

Awesome tips girls. Thank you.