StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What is this move called?

• What is this move called?

Posted by lisakristin on December 6, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Hi All,  I was messing around tonight for kicks and ended up in a new move that I've never done before… After some searching I realized where I've seen it before — on a poster at my studio… I can't find the pic of that poster that i took…

I'm attempting to upload the pic, but just in case I put it in an album…. btw, please excuse the mess…lol

https://www.studioveena.com/photos/view_album/50c18315-436c-4fc4-a64a-03330ac37250

Its my gemini leg, but its straight up…I can use my poc's as my calf, stomach and back of the shoulder, but I really only needed my shoulder for support (I'm weird, I know!)

So my question is….anyone know what this move is??? I can't find it online, and have no idea what to search under…. 

Thank you!!!!!

LillyBilly replied 11 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • CapFeb

December 7, 2012 at 12:10 am

er…the image like is broken. The point of contact is the outside leg that is normally hooked in gemini? Or the leg that is straight and not hooked on the pole is the point of contact?

• CapFeb

December 7, 2012 at 12:17 am

Oh, just kidding, I found it in your gallery. 

PDD.com didn't have a name for it o: interesting.

• chemgoddess1

December 7, 2012 at 7:12 am

It is an outside leg hang however you have your leg straight which means you are using more of the upper body contact for your grip which can be a little dangerous.

• lisakristin

December 7, 2012 at 8:05 am

Yea, I still haven't been able to find a name for it, but I know its real…I'll find the pic of the poster I think I saw it on… it just doesn't have any names on it…

@chemgoddess1: yea, I like doing weird gemini hangs — I do my regular gemini with only my knee–no shoulder contact…. this one It felt a little unsecure at first when I first got into it, until I realized exactly what i had done…. then i could almost hang there all night… 🙂 

• LillyBilly

December 8, 2012 at 1:46 am

We just learn it as an advanced outside leg hang. My teacher prefers this variation because it gives cleaner lines.