StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What is safe to do on the pole with Diastasis Recti?

• Stefana of Light

April 16, 2015 at 7:45 am

Very cool !!!! That is big success … Air high five to you!!

• Phoenix fire bird

May 9, 2020 at 9:40 am

This is so inspiring. I know it’s an old thread but I had a diastasis gap of 7 fingers! (Measured and confirmed by my medical practitioner and physiotherapist). They gave me exercises to do and that helped me close it to 4 fingers but then it didn’t seem to get any further. I then did som Veena exercises and realised how little the physicians knew and closed the gap to 2 fingers after a year of being stuck at 4. I have a lot of weight to loose as put on 6 stone during pregnancy thanks to medication and Symphis pubis dysfunction so once that goes I am confident my abs will have room to close even more. It’s given me the confidence that I can return to pole and so really motivated now as I adore pole and aerial hoop but holding off on hoop until I have healed better. The physio told me I’d need surgery but thanks to the veena exercises I am closer than ever to a healed tummy and not having the risk of surgery and spending £7-8k on the bloom in’ full a domino plaster. Saving for a X-pole stage time I can get back into it with spins etc but in the mean time I am carrying on with my gym ball and yoga blocks and taking my time. Love to you all and you can do this! I have a hula hoop I made myself my mum can do it but I can’t hula for toffee but going to definitely keep trying! Xxx

• amelia2000

May 9, 2020 at 7:36 pm

@Jbfcat194691 that’s fantastic!
    I was so scared of having a gap after my pregnancies, my doctor telling me after them that I was ok to train again was such a relief! I admire your dedication and patience 🙂

• Phoenix fire bird

May 9, 2020 at 7:54 pm

Thank you so much. I am absolutely not quitting. Pole is just way to important to me:-) that’s so great you got the all clear after your babies, that’s brilliant news!!! Here’s to being lucky enough to have wonderful children and pole❤️Xxx

Page 2 of 2