StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What do you wear to a pole competition?

• What do you wear to a pole competition?

Posted by SissyBuns on September 25, 2009 at 2:48 pm

….As a spectator, not a competitor LOL.

Has anyone ever gone to one? LOL. I’m going next weekend and I baffled by the attire. I’m thinking it’s kind of like dressy club gear. Maybe a cute little dress with some cute heels? LOL.

Any ideas? For those of you going, what are you wearing? https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_scratch.gif

Trena replied 14 years, 10 months ago 9 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • RoxyPink

September 25, 2009 at 3:23 pm

hahahhahahah…lmfao! I was contimplating posting this very thread!!! Great minds think alike! lol https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif

• drkfaery

September 25, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Too funny we were just talking about this in class last night. We’re all going to the competition on the 8th and had no clue what to wear! Anjel, the girl organizing the event said to wear maybe a cute skirt with shorts underneath so you can pole at the after party. Any other ideas?? https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_idea.gif

• Veena

Administrator
    September 25, 2009 at 4:13 pm

I’m thinking a ballgown LOL just kidding. This is a good question, I would have know idea what to wear either! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_geek.gif We should all start the trend of wearing sequins and rhinestones cuz I wanna be fancy! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_queen.gif

• RoxyPink

September 25, 2009 at 5:30 pm

don’t forget the 7 inch pleasers!! lol…

I just got a super cute babydollish/flouncey dress that I’m going to wear at the USPDF comp…with some black boyshorts on underneath…

Still trying to figure out what else to wear that weekend!!! AHHHHH!!!

• SissyBuns

September 25, 2009 at 6:24 pm

Well there’s one person with something to wear LOL.

I have my go to little black dress. I’m thinking of wearing that and getting some new shoes and accesories…

Although I do have a ball gown in the closet……

• amy

September 25, 2009 at 6:44 pm

i’m going to the pole superstars competition next weekend in NYC! but it’s standing room only… so i’m wearing some comfy flats. not sure whats going on top yet!

• Angel1201

September 26, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Whatever you wear, you’ll look fine!! I’ll probably wear jeans! I’m nervous about waking up that morning at 6 to start driving down to Virginia for Alethia’s 9:30 workshop! I haven’t gotten tix yet, are they still available? I was going to see how I feel after the two workshops (I’m doing Sarah’s at 11 too). Can you sit where ever or is it assigned seating? If anyone wants to drive down with me from b-more let me know. There are still slots in Alethia’s class I think.

• SissyBuns

September 26, 2009 at 6:45 pm

Whatever you wear, you’ll look fine!! I’ll probably wear jeans! I’m nervous about waking up that morning at 6 to start driving down to Virginia for Alethia’s 9:30 workshop! I haven’t gotten tix yet, are they still available? I was going to see how I feel after the two workshops (I’m doing Sarah’s at 11 too). Can you sit where ever or is it assigned seating? If anyone wants to drive down with me from b-more let me know. There are still slots in Alethia’s class I think.

Why are you nervous about driving up that morning? The drive?

I want to do Aletheas workshop but I wont get there until 3:30-ish on saturday so I’d have to take her sunday workshop. Last I checked there were plenty of tickets left but that was earlier this week…

Roxy called and checked on the seating thing and you can sit wherever you want https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_thumleft.gif

• Angel1201

September 26, 2009 at 7:30 pm

Hey sissy, so you’ll be in Alethia’s sun morn workshop at 9:30?? That’s awesome!!! Can’t wait to meet you! Who are you going with and where are you staying?

I guess I’m nervous cuz I’m driving alone to a place I’ve never been to be with people I don’t know. It’s like I feel when I have an early morning flight…. Will I make it in time? Will I know where to park? Will I run into traffic? Who will sit next to me on the plane….can you relate?? Thank goodness my hubby just bought a tom-tom navigator. At least I know I won’t get lost. It’s gonna be a long day for me with 7 hours drive time, two 90 minute workshops and a 3 hour show. I’ll get home late and then I’m up at 5:30 mon morning to go to work. I have mild chronic fatigue syndrome and I know this will take a lot out of me.

Did you get regular or vip tickets? It looks like the VIPs are sold out? I wonder what you get with VIP??

• Gsylass

September 26, 2009 at 9:44 pm

Hi Angel, this is somewhat off-topic I know, just wanted to wish you well in your travels – as a co-sufferer I can totally sympathise with you. Hope you guys all have a great time! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• Angel1201

September 26, 2009 at 9:58 pm

That’s so sweet gyslass! Thank you, I’m glad someone out there understands. My main diagnosis is orthostatic intolerance, but the fatigue comes with it. Just saw a cardiologist yesterday that said this is often preceeded by a viral infection. I found that interesting. I hope you are OK too! How does it affect your poling? My pole workouts wipe me out for a solid day – the day after.

• SissyBuns

September 27, 2009 at 1:40 am

Hey sissy, so you’ll be in Alethia’s sun morn workshop at 9:30?? That’s awesome!!! Can’t wait to meet you! Who are you going with and where are you staying?

I guess I’m nervous cuz I’m driving alone to a place I’ve never been to be with people I don’t know. It’s like I feel when I have an early morning flight…. Will I make it in time? Will I know where to park? Will I run into traffic? Who will sit next to me on the plane….can you relate?? Thank goodness my hubby just bought a tom-tom navigator. At least I know I won’t get lost. It’s gonna be a long day for me with 7 hours drive time, two 90 minute workshops and a 3 hour show. I’ll get home late and then I’m up at 5:30 mon morning to go to work. I have mild chronic fatigue syndrome and I know this will take a lot out of me.

Did you get regular or vip tickets? It looks like the VIPs are sold out? I wonder what you get with VIP??

Hey girly,
    If I do take a work shop it’ll be that 9:30 one most likely. I’m driving in alone but I’m going to be sharing a room with roxy-pink, redke and Takeila Fox. We’re staying at the Holiday Inn on Emmet Street. I think that’s the hotel Sara and Alethea are staying in too and I think it’s pretty close to the venue and the workshop location.

I understand your nervousness. I’m a combination of all kinds of excited nerves too LOL. So you’re driving up Saturday Morning and coming back monday morning?

We got VIP tickets. I just checked on the site and selected to buy a Tier 1 ticket and it looks like there sre still some available…I didn’t know you didnt have your show tickets yet. I thought you meant you didnt have workshop tickets.

Girl you better get you a ticket!!! LOL

Do you know where you will be staying yet?

• Angel1201

September 27, 2009 at 10:52 am

Sissy, I didn’t know tier 1 = VIP. So I guess it just means you sit closer to the stage??

I’ll be driving up sun morn and back home sun night. It’s going to be a long day! I hope you sign up for Alethia’s workshop!! It’ll be great to meet you!

• REDKE71

September 27, 2009 at 2:09 pm

[quote="SissyBuns
    Roxy called and checked on the seating thing and you can sit wherever you want https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_thumleft.gif

yeah its first come first choice so if you want a good seat get there early to wait in line…!

• REDKE71

September 27, 2009 at 2:13 pm

Hey girly,
    If I do take a work shop it’ll be that 9:30 one most likely. I’m driving in alone but I’m going to be sharing a room with roxy-pink, redke and Takeila Fox. We’re staying at the Holiday Inn on Emmet Street. I think that’s the hotel Sara and Alethea are staying in too and I think it’s pretty close to the venue and the workshop location.

I understand your nervousness. I’m a combination of all kinds of excited nerves too LOL. So you’re driving up Saturday Morning and coming back monday morning?

We got VIP tickets. I just checked on the site and selected to buy a Tier 1 ticket and it looks like there sre still some available…I didn’t know you didnt have your show tickets yet. I thought you meant you didnt have workshop tickets.

Girl you better get you a ticket!!! LOL

Do you know where you will be staying yet?

oh is takeila staying with us?? i talked to her a couple of weeks ago and she said she had a place already.

its my friend Sabrina who will be staying with us, shes coming up saturday and leaving afte the competition. then my mom is coming down sunday for the competition and prolly going to stay sun night.

Page 1 of 2