StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What do you do for a living?

• Saphyre

June 4, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I am fortunate enough to be retired. I was originally a licensed Cosmetologist in my late teens, but quickly decided it wasn't for me. I then held various accounting jobs until my mid-20's when I started working for Hewlett-Packard. I worked as a Business Analyst until my 40's, which is  when I retired. I now keep myself busy helping to plan and attend to landscapes for friends and family, home organizing, and poling! 

• divapolegoddess

June 4, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I'm a Registered Nurse.  Hoping to find my way to becoming a pole instructor one day 🙂

• minicoopergrl

June 4, 2012 at 4:51 pm

I am an automotive accounting and title clerk for 2 car dealers.  I used to like my job now I just dread getting up every morning and making my way in there.  Since we opened the 2nd dealer I have been very burnt out by the job.  I am feeling like I am constantly behind in my work and can never catch up.  Every day the job gets more and more mentally draining, it makes me not even do the things I want to do (pole).  Ive been there for 6 yrs and im starting to feel ready for something else.  I have an awesome boss but Im so ready for a change.  

• Pole Raven

It certainly is a diverse crowd!  I love how many people are in the helping profession.  I am a PhD student in Counseling Psychology and have a million more years to go before I graduate (really, 3).  I get partial funding by working with college students who have been sanctioned for marijuana and underage drinking.  Fun crowd.  But my heart is in rehabilitation psychology.

• minicoopergrl

I am an automotive accounting and title clerk for 2 car dealers.  I used to like my job now I just dread getting up every morning and making my way in there.  Since we opened the 2nd dealer I have been very burnt out by the job.  I am feeling like I am constantly behind in my work and can never catch up.  Every day the job gets more and more mentally draining, it makes me not even do the things I want to do (pole).  Ive been there for 6 yrs and im starting to feel ready for something else.  I have an awesome boss but Im so ready for a change.  

• northpole

June 4, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Elementary school science teacher! I have a master's, i'm so glad it's over, but I'm toying with the idea of going back for a 2nd. Isn't it incredible what we'd all rather be doing if we followed our hearts, rather than taking the "Safe road"? I like my job, but it pays terribly. And I wish I was a pole instructor…

• northpole

June 4, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Elementary school science teacher! I have a master's, i'm so glad it's over, but I'm toying with the idea of going back for a 2nd. Isn't it incredible what we'd all rather be doing if we followed our hearts, rather than taking the "Safe road"? I like my job, but it pays terribly. And I wish I was a pole instructor…

• SashaMae

June 4, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Great thread! We are a diverse group of ladies (and gents 🙂 I’m a Licensed Massage Therapist and a part-time Employment Testing Consultant. Being an LMT I have to be a bit careful about who knows that I pole…I have enough problems with male clients who’ve seen the Showtime series “Client List” who think theyre entitled to a “happy ending” :/ Im seriously considering working for only female clients so I can be flamboyant about pole. My goal is to eventually be a pole instructor 🙂

• NaughtyLibrarian

June 4, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Give you one guess!

• Raphy696

June 4, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I’m an apple genius so I help people with technology all day long! I’m crazy over the pole though!

• CreativityBySteffie

June 4, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I work as a model and a photoshop artist. From aug. I will also be a student. Studying to become a doctor. 

• VeeRose

June 4, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Yay 😀 we are all normal people outside of our obsessions with pole! hahaha,

Wellll, I work as a medical scribe/medical assistant in an ophthalmologists office. fun stuff. I am also a full time student currently with a pre-med major. My ultimate goal is to become a Physician's Assistant who is secretly an awesome pole dancer aha <3

• mspretty1414

June 4, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I am a junior analyst at an extremely large holding company (500B in assets), although while finishing my M.S. I interned at Scottrade and Fidelity Investments and worked nights as a bartender/waitress in a strip club. 

• polergirl

June 4, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Fun fun thread!

I am a one-woman marketing shop for an architectural firm. That's my full-time job. 

I'm also a soapmaker. Artisanal, high-end, nothin' but the good stuff! I hope to one day make this my full-time job. 

I'm also a pole instructor.

I also do consulting work in historic building restoration/conservation.

And I'm a freelance SEO/analytics/online marketing consultant.

Oh. And I'm a freelance writer (not as much these days, but that's OK!)

No wonder I'm tired all the time, lol. 

• Porshka

June 4, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I work as a host at a fancy restuarant but I am going to law school next year…

Page 2 of 22