StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Walking Away

• Walking Away

Posted by PoleFitMom on November 15, 2011 at 4:58 pm

What a sad day. I just made the incredibly hard decision to leave my current pole instructing job. I have had such a wonderful time meeting people, teaching, and growing as a dancer. Being a part of the journey not only for the students but for myself has been a great thing to experience. Every single person who walked through that door has touched my life and enriched my spirit. I will miss the time at the studio, but have to focus on the possitive things. My last day is Tuesday Nov. 22nd. I am going to focus my classes less on working out for this week, and more about it being a party. Leaving was on my terms, and I couldn't ask for a better ending to what I started 15 months ago. A lady always knows when it is time to leave.

Thanks for letting me share  :o)  I love you fellow Veener Members!

xoxo

Angel1201 replied 12 years, 6 months ago 10 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • PoleFitMom

November 15, 2011 at 9:28 pm

I take that back! Tonight was my last night teaching. On to the bigger and better things that await down the road :o)

• tiggertail

November 15, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Can i ask why or is it too personnal? Anyway i wish you tons of news challenge to replace that one https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• Kobajo84

November 15, 2011 at 11:28 pm

When one door closes, another opens.  Maybe not right now, but better opportunities are in your future.  I went through a similiar situation this past summer and was welcomed with open arms to a new studio that I am so proud of and happy to call my new pole home.  Everything happens for a reason. I wish you the best of luck.  Your teaching days are not over, just taking a break so you can refocus and make a stellar come back.  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gif

• PaulettePoles

November 16, 2011 at 3:54 am

Best of wishes to you! I dont know if you're looking for another teaching job or not. If so, the right opportunity will open up and Im sure it will be a much better fit from the sounds of it! If you're taking a break, enjoy and focus on you! Sorry to hear they couldnt let you exit gracefully. Their loss! The students will be left wondering why instead of ending on a good note w a party for goodbye! I own a business and Im always thinking of my clients when someone leaves as it effects them the most! Again best wishes to a future of possibilities!

• PoleFitMom

November 16, 2011 at 8:25 am

Some unfortunate things came about in the last week and the studio owner and I just couldn't agree on some things. So I decided it was no longer a good fit for me and was time to move on. On one hand it is very upsetting that we couldn't see eye to eye on our differences, but on another hand I am very excited for what's around the corner. I am going to take some aerial yoga teacher training at the beginning of December! And now that winter is upon us, I am definitely glad I don't have to out and drive in it at night for class!

• Mary Ellyn

November 16, 2011 at 10:52 am

Sorry to hear things couldn't work out and I hope you find a new home to be part of soon!  Maybe your own place?

• PoleFitMom

November 16, 2011 at 11:09 am

Thank you ladies for the well wishes! I would LOVE to have my own studio – But with my husband in Grad school and my kids being so young, I'm just not available for what a studio would need to grow and flourish. Kids are only babies for so long – Which is sad, my youngest is already 2 and my oldest will be 4 in January! That is time you can't get back. Maybe when they are in school. Maybe it will lead me there in the future  :o)  NEVER SAY NEVER! It could happen!

• tarah

November 16, 2011 at 11:07 pm

sorry to hear it didn't work at that studio.  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif  my friend who was teaching classes locally was asked to leave the space she was in (part of a gym), and now has to find a new space.  but i think the new space will be better and nicer!  these things happen for a reason, and it is true about the one door closing/another opening.  so you must be destined for something really great to happen!  and i think you will have your own studio one day, if you want it. 🙂

• FuzzyNavel

November 16, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Onward and upward! Good for you knowing the time had come to go. Embrace the positives and leave the crap behind you. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• Veena

Administrator
    November 17, 2011 at 9:01 am

Xoxo

• yogabeachbabe

November 18, 2011 at 9:10 am

PoleFitMom: I just found this thread! Oh my! I had no idea that there were so many things changing in your life. Well I'm really proud of you for walking away on your own terms with grace and dignity. I'm still hoping that I'll get into the aerial yoga training in Dec, but even if I don't, let's get together during your off time for a good chat. ♥♥♥

• PoleFitMom

November 18, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Thanks again! Yesterday I had some VERY exciting things come up. Can't quite talk about them yet – But am super excited to get the ball rolling  :o)  @ YBB – I hope someone drops the class so you can be there! It was be amazing to aerial yoga with you for 3 days straight!

• PoleFitMom

November 18, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Thanks again! Yesterday I had some VERY exciting things come up. Can't quite talk about them yet – But am super excited to get the ball rolling  :o)  @ YBB – I hope someone drops the class so you can be there! It was be amazing to aerial yoga with you for 3 days straight!

• Angel1201

November 19, 2011 at 8:49 am

Congrats to you!  I went through the same thing.  A few years ago, I left my position teaching pole, chair and yoga and also left my dear students and friends at the studio.  It left a big hole in my life, but I had no idea at the time that I'd wind up writing a teacher training course, starting my own business and meeting all sorts of new and wonderful pole ladies! 

Now, two years later, that studio went under and my friend Keirsten is opening up a new studio right down the street!  I'm going to have a pole home again!  Kobajo is right, when one door closes another opens.