StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Wa-hoo – inverts!

• azriel

February 21, 2009 at 2:44 pm

Yay skivvies that’s awesome! you should post some pics of your no-handed moves!!!

• PoleSkivvies

February 21, 2009 at 2:48 pm

Thank you! I will try to later this week – right now I’m so sore I couldn’t do anything. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

I tucker out quickly on the pole. And it’s so funny – everyone’s asking me to dance again and I’m literally having to say I can’t. Still, I get stronger each time.

The weird thing is, I felt totally comfortable during the inverts. But on the drive home, I suddenly got really nervous and scared – like, OMG, what was I thinking? Has that ever happened to you?

• Veena

Administrator
    February 21, 2009 at 7:21 pm

I’m so excited for you!! I think it’s natural to feel a little freaked out when you take time to stop and think about it. Just don’t dwell on it because you could psyche yourself out. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• PoleSkivvies

February 21, 2009 at 7:45 pm

Thanks Veena – that helps to hear!

• Trena

February 21, 2009 at 9:48 pm
  • azriel

February 22, 2009 at 9:46 pm

I totally know what you mean about feeling weird after- its happened to me lots of times for other stuff (i’ve never poled outside my house cause no clubs here have them!). But seriously, i bet the only reason why you felt that way is cause it was probably the first time you did that, so it was something new and a bit more "risky" than other stuff you’d do.. Also keep in mind that everything we do, ALWAYS seems like a bigger deal to us than it does to other people! So no need to worry about it.. Plus, they wanted you to go and do it again!!!!!!! i bet you were awesome! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• LittleMissLola

February 22, 2009 at 10:08 pm

I’ve never felt that way about a pole session (probably because gymnastics has desensitised me a little) but I felt exactly that way when I was chasing a shoplifter out of where I was by myself. I just did it at the time and then later thought what a stupid thing it was to do

• PoleSkivvies

February 22, 2009 at 10:10 pm

Thanks, Azriel! I knew all of you here would understand.

I also felt really brave since I started poling before my man had arrived – kind of a salute to my single girl days. But, I tell you, getting up to dance when no one else is dancing and you’re there by yourself is hard enough, but to get up and pole is something else entirely! Thank god it’s such a cool crowd. One group was an entire family – 20-somethings to grandparents!

• PoleSkivvies

February 22, 2009 at 10:11 pm

Wow – hunting down the criminal element. Way to go, MissLola!

• LittleMissLola

February 22, 2009 at 10:22 pm

Hehe, well where I currently work part time has no security as it’s a fairly small shop. I found some bloke in the back storeroom, he made a break for it and I followed, out the back emergency exit, round the store, to a main junction where he got in a car and drove off (I got the reg). I walked back into the store where my coworkers where looking for me (I had shouted to one of them to bell for everyone else before I dashed off but they lost where I had gone after heading into the stock room). I was very very winded, as I am nowhere near fit enough to run that fast for that long on a foggy night. A couple of customers came over to talk to us and it turns out that the car the bloke had got in had been pulling up to our loading bay doors when me and the guy ran out the back. So obviously the plan was for him to open the doors and them to load up with anything they could get their hands on.

It really was stupid for me to chase him though, it was night, I was on my own, I am seriously the least threatening thing ever and he had two mates in a car so things could have gone very differently…