StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Videos Glitching

• Videos Glitching

Posted by AriFerrari on December 18, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Not sure if this has been addressed since I know that SV made changes to the page a few weeks ago, but ever since the new video uploading format has been in place, almost all the videos are glitchy for me. I never had this issue on the site before. Anyone else experiencing the same thing or perhaps have a solution?

I am on a mac using Safari browser.

AriFerrari replied 10 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Webmaster

Administrator
    December 18, 2013 at 9:10 pm

AriFerrari you most likely are running a 5.x version of Safari. That version does not support the new flash video codecs properly and so you get glitchy video. You won’t get this on Youtube because they default to HTML5 video, we still use flash video for the desktop because it allows us to implement a reasonable amount of protection on user videos.

This is not a StudioVeena.Com Problem but instead an older browser issue.

There are two ways to fix this problem:

1) Use a new browser. Chrome or firefox properly support flash in a way that allows the video to work.

2) You can install OS X Mavericks from the App Store. This is a free upgrade and will get your computer up to the latest and greatest Apple operating system which contains the newest version of Safari.

Unfortunately the older version of OS X does not support the new version of Safari.

• AriFerrari

December 19, 2013 at 7:16 am

Webmaster,

Thank you SO much! I have firefox so I can visit the site from that browser but I will also look into updating my computer.