StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Video resistance stretch sessions w/ottersocks–interested?

• Video resistance stretch sessions w/ottersocks–interested?

Posted by ottersocks on January 9, 2011 at 11:01 am

Hey all,

I recently did a skype video resistance stretch session with Amy (formerly known as amyxshi) and it went great. I'd love to be able to offer the same to all of you (and Veena has given the ok to post this, no worries.) I'm a resistance stretching trainer for those who don't know, trained by the same folks who stretch Dara Torres every day.

I'm thinking of two things:

First, just like with Amy, offering one on one private 60 minute stretch sessions where we can identify and target your particular issues, practice the appropriate stretches for you, and leave you with a "homework" list of stretches. Probably priced around $45 for the hour.

Second, group stretching sessions of up to 12 people via video chat. We'd work on the major stretches for splits, and could also have sessions specifically targeted to body regions such as tight shoulders and chests. Probably $10 for the hour.

For both, you'd need a webcam and skype account (free). You'd need to RSVP and pay in advance via Paypal for the group session, and just schedule directly with me for the private.

Is this something you all would be interested in?? Just trying to gather input right now. I'm headed out of town for a while (hey, anyone know of any pole studios in the Galapagos? HA!). Thinking that this would start in February. I look forward to your interest!

Ellen

Charley replied 13 years, 4 months ago 17 Members · 19 Replies
  • 19 Replies
  • byrdgrrl

January 9, 2011 at 11:39 am

I think that would be useful.  Does anyone know if Skype works on a Mac?

• kasanya

January 9, 2011 at 12:58 pm

I would definitely be interested in both types of sessions! =D

• HollySatine

January 9, 2011 at 2:02 pm

byrdgrrl – i have skype on my mac, so yep! it should work.

• verucablue

January 9, 2011 at 2:50 pm
  • Vdub

January 9, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Count me in!

• yogabeachbabe

January 9, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I'm SO in!

• Riddleboxxy

January 9, 2011 at 5:35 pm

That sounds awesome! I'm totally in for it 😀

• amy

January 9, 2011 at 9:06 pm

i am absolutely in for the group skype and you knoooow we're doing another 1-on-1 soon =) and i have to say i love ellen as a person and as a source of knowledge. she is a great instructor and i loved our stretching sesh! <3

• amy

January 9, 2011 at 9:07 pm

btw i think i like the sound of "the artist formerly known as amyxshi" that may need to get added to my profile =)

• Charley

January 9, 2011 at 9:27 pm

YES!  Sign me up.  Can you do a package deal on 1 on 1's?  I think i'd like to do a series rather than just one lesson.

• FreeTheSun

January 9, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I'd be interested

• smokinangel

January 9, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Oooh, me too!   I like the idea of package 1 on 1's.  Keep us posted!

• MissKitty83

January 10, 2011 at 7:43 am

I would totally be up for that!!  I really like the idea of group sessions.  ^_^ 

• PennyGirl

January 10, 2011 at 12:12 pm

yes totally YES!!!

• Alicia C

January 22, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Definitely group stretches for splits, I'm in! My hamstrings are super tight!

Page 1 of 2