StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Veena Pole

• Veena Pole

Posted by SweetLavender on April 6, 2014 at 2:20 pm

So I am finally setting it up. I measured 95 1/2 for ceiling height so set it at 96 1/2. Went up good and seemed stable, but when I put it on spin mode it barely spins. Also the pin to set it back to static wouldn’t come back up. Took it down got the pin to come up and will try to lower it a 1/2 inch. I have really thick shag carpet so maybe thats it…

Prplegrl10 replied 10 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Runemist34

April 6, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Re: The pin for spin mode, mine is really, really stiff and doesn’t like to come back up without a LOT of cajoling. I once found a bit of metal (I think it was actually a non-powered screwdriver) and stuck it under the pin, and got it to go up that way. Often, it just takes a bit of wiggling and some pressure, but sometimes it’s just ornery.

• Veena

Administrator
    April 6, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Runemist, The spin mode pin should not be difficult to pop up and down, you can actually adjust it (screw it up or down) and change how stiff it is.

Shelliebelly, I have my SV pole on carpet and it works the same as on my hardwood I don’t know if the carpet would be an issue. Try adjusting the pin. Also the Lil mynx poles do not spin as freely as say and xpole, so keep that in mind.

• SweetLavender

April 6, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Thanks everyone. I lowered it a 1/2 inch and it spins perfect, but makes a creaking noise, maybe I should loosen it a bit more…How do you get the pin to go down. Do you just step on it? Mine is stuck. I think maybe I’ll take it down again and mess with it. The grip on this pole is AWESOME! I have a chrome expert that has never made me happy in MN. It has crappy grip and spun WAY TO FAST.

• Veena

Administrator
    April 6, 2014 at 5:58 pm

The creaking noise is normal. 🙂

• SweetLavender

April 6, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Seems weird as my Xpert was so quiet. I will try adjusting that pin and maybe crank the tunes 😉

• Runemist34

April 6, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Veena- As far as I can tell, the spin mode pin is all the way up- I tried screwing it down, but it remains quite sticky. Possibly moreso.
    What happens for me is when it is fully down, or halfway down (but not between the two, or from halfway to the top) it gets stuck. It just stops, I have to push hard! I’m often worried my fingernails can’t take it… and sometimes I don’t have much for fingernails, so I have to find something to get in there and really wrench to get it up. It ONLY happens when going up, though. Going down, I just push down hard and it goes down. It feels a little sticky that way, too, but not as bad as trying to push it up!
    Any thoughts?

Also, Shellie, yeah it squeaks a bit! I’ve heard that liquid graphite will help that, but I can’t remember where to put it. I barely notice mine squeaking anymore!

• Veena

Administrator
    April 6, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I would contact lil mynx for any trouble shooting. 🙂

• Prplegrl10

April 8, 2014 at 8:05 am

liquid graphite resolved my squeak and I have to use a butter knife to pull the pin back up for static because my nails are not strong enough. Pushing down for spin is super easy though.

http://www.amazon.com/American-Grease-Stick-Lock-ease-Graphited/dp/B000GKW2NM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396962317&sr=8-1&keywords=liquid+graphite

• LilMynx

April 8, 2014 at 10:46 am

If the pin is too hard or too easy to push/pull you can adjust the tension on the pin with the small screw in the base that faces the pin. This is the spring plunger that makes it click. If you want less tension, turn the screw 1/8 of a turn counter clockwise and check. If you want more tension, turn the screw 1/8 of a turn clockwise and check. And always feel free to call (559-346-1900) or email (lizz@lilmynx.com) me for the quickest trouble shooting.

• SweetLavender

April 8, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Where exactly did you apply the liquid graphite?

• LilMynx

April 8, 2014 at 1:49 pm

The liquid graphite should be sprayed between the main tube and the adjustment tube.

• Prplegrl10

April 8, 2014 at 1:53 pm

My graphite was a bottle not a spray but hubby stood at the top of the pole and did a few squeezes and spinned the pole to help it travel down. It took a few min for it to get all the squeaks. Keep a rag nearby for the first few uses after because I did have some drips at the bottom but haven’t had any additional drips after wiping it down.