StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions USPDF 2016-2017, for real.

• USPDF 2016-2017, for real.

Posted by Serzi on March 28, 2016 at 12:54 am

I checked out their site recently and was surprised to learn that they are currently accepting video submissions for amateur and pro competitions. I’ve heard nothing about this from anyone, but it appears to be on the books and ready to go. Wondering if anyone knows more about it than what it says on the site as I’ve been away from social media for quite some time.

Idk, what happened to USPDF anyway? It used to be the underground Superbowl of pole.

chemgoddess1 replied 8 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • AllysonKendal

March 28, 2016 at 3:47 am

I know someone who submitted a video for it…

I don’t know much about it but I looked over the rules with my friend who submitted. The mandatory moves were very flexibility oriented (no handed jade and cocoon) so that’s just something to consider. I know amazing polers who can’t cocoon!

The novice division has 2 categories artistic or sexy. I didn’t feel like my “style” fits with either. Also something to consider.

But yeah, I’m happy it’s back, hopefully I can go watch!!!

• Phoenix Hunter

March 28, 2016 at 3:50 am

That’s crazy that cocoon is a mandatory trick. Wow! Yep, I know really advanced polers who can’t do that.

• chemgoddess1

March 28, 2016 at 7:34 pm

As a clarification, the only difference between “amateur” and “professional” competitors in USPDF is whether or not you hold a title or not. Wendy set up the levels like they do in professional bodybuilding.

Competitions are ridiculously expensive to put on and NYC is one of the more expensive cities to hold one. Rumblings that I heard underground (and this is true of several competitions that have gone away) is that too much money is lost holding them. I also know that there was a lot of push back because USPDF was the LEAST transparent when it came to scoring. The bar has been lifted for running competitions.