StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Tummy trouble

• Tummy trouble

Posted by Gsylass on February 6, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I have a question… the past few months it’s got harder and harder to eat fruit/drink fruit juice because it makes my stomach feel like it starts fizzing up, then I get awful cramps. I can eat maybe a quarter of an apple? Pears aren’t quite so bad, I can eat a whole one before I feel any adverse effects, and bananas I’m fine with, but no citrus fruits. I think I must be sensitive to the acid. But the problem is, aside from the fact I love fruit, it really affects my digestive system. Eating more veg doesn’t seem to make a difference, I still feel really "clogged up"… sorry if that’s really gross!! Does anybody else have this, and if so, what fruit can I eat? I’ve never had an intolerance to fruit before.

Gsylass replied 14 years, 5 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • yogabeachbabe

February 6, 2010 at 6:04 pm

So sorry about this! It’s frustrating to be limited in your diet (I’m lactose intolerant). Apples are extremely acidic versus other kinds of fruit, in my experience. When are you eating fruit? Is is better in the morning, worse at night (or on a full stomach), or vice versa?

• Gsylass

February 6, 2010 at 11:30 pm

Hi Yoga… I tend to eat fruit as snacks, so mid-morning or mid-afternoon. I haven’t noticed a difference in time of day.

• Foxy_Rei

February 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Do you try to eat anything else along with them? Maybe the acidity wouldn’t bother you so much if there were other things in your stomach to balance out the acid; something more basic (I’m digging up memories from science class… opposite of an acid is a base, right?). You might want to try changing up your eating routine so that you have your fruit along with your meals instead of as snacks. Just a thought, maybe a few of the other ladies would have better ideas for you – good luck!

• poledanceromance

February 6, 2010 at 11:51 pm

Have you tried a yogurt dip or a cream cheese dip, or even peanut butter? Might mellow it out a bit, plus yogurt is really good for the tummy.

• chemgoddess1

February 7, 2010 at 1:20 am

I would look into investing in prebiotics and probiotics along with digestive enzymes. Something threw your intestinal bacteria and flora off. Swanson vitamins has good products for good prices and usually you can find coupons online.

• Bellz

February 7, 2010 at 4:42 am

I found some great fiber bars that help with,,,clogs. lol. I think it’s called Fiber More. They’re chocolatey and wonderful.

• Gsylass

February 9, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I’ll try peanut butter, I love peanut butter https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif And I’ll have a look in the health food store to see what they can offer.