StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Training

• Training

Posted by astanley071814 on June 10, 2023 at 8:20 pm

I moved to a rural area where there is no pole studio close by and the studios that are around have no weekend classes. I’m trying to figure out how to train on my own since I can’t make the classes 😞
    What should a training schedule look like? Every other day with weights in between? And what about rest days? And when you train, how long do you work on a move/spin before moving on?

Veena replied 11 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • amelia2000

June 10, 2023 at 9:13 pm

I train on average 4-5x per week and usually train between 60-90 minutes (warm-up plus conditioning 20 mins, pole work with combos and individual moves, freestyles, then stretching 10-15 minutes)
    I personally don’t enjoy “normal” workouts so I do bodyweight or weight training as part of my conditioning straight after my warm-up.
    I work on moves generally until I can nail them every time and until I’m happy with how it looks (pointed toes, extended legs etc). But depending how hard it is, I might put it on the back burner for a while. It’s hard to say, because some moves need a lot of flex or strength or lots of grip… Basically a move is nailed when you can do it every time and hold it for long enough for it to look good in a combo.

• Veena

Administrator
    June 11, 2023 at 5:10 pm

Hi! How you train will depend on your goals. I can provide an in-depth answer if you’d like. Just let me know what your goals are.

I like to lift weights the same day I pole dance to allow my body full rest days.

If you’d like to follow something without needing to plan yourself. Check out all of my 30 day programs or VIP plans, the plans are week long. All programs include strength work, flexibility, muscle release, lots of tips, other tricks to know and work on to reach your goal and rest days. Even if you lead know how to Invert for example, using the Invert program is a great way to get a wonderful pole session in at home.

30 day programs.

No Pole Program
    30 Day take off program
    Beg 1-3
    Inter 1-3
    Adv 1-3
    30 day Heels
    30 day Flow
    30 day Flexy
    30 day Invert
    30 day Caterpillar
    30 day Ayesha