StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Touching Your Toes To Your Head

• Crystaljng

August 24, 2012 at 6:04 pm

We stretch together and each other. With the external force I can stretch deeper and can really relax into the position.

• Scarlett Honey aka Lola Grace

August 24, 2012 at 6:16 pm

I can do this! However some position make it much easier. My favourite place to do a back bend is in a handstand against the pole. Try going from a plank/lay back, placing hands about 30cm from pole shoulderwidth apart, then arch back and press your shoulder/trap against pole and lift head so you are looking towards your feet. Then spread and bend knees and bring feet down. Always do back bends SLOWLY, it gives the spine time to stretch and adjust to pressure. This gives me the best stretch because the weight from by bum and legs helps push my feet closer to head. Doing it on stomach on floor is trickier for me because you don't have your natural body weight helping with the stretch.

I also like doing a back bend from sitting on my knees. Push hips forward and squeeze glutes and hamstrings. Arch back, arms above head and slowly drop head behind you, like you are diving backwards. Once your hands are on floor, bend arms and try to grab you feet with your hands and pull you head as close to your toes as you can. Keep pushing up through pelvis.

There are some awesome yoga tutorials on youtube that show how to do some amazing stretches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWxxUiBMcd0&list=UUH-81uaxCwAAaSgxRtxMkxg&index=9&feature=plcp

• Cantetinza17

August 27, 2012 at 9:57 am

O I will try this at home when my roommate isn't around.  That is a good idea, cause its my lower half that is having an issue not so much my back.

• aliceBheartless

August 27, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Awesome! I havent seen Kino's videos in a while, but you've reminded me! I need to work my back bend!

Page 2 of 2