StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Too skinny to pike?!

• Too skinny to pike?!

Posted by michaelaarghh on February 4, 2013 at 1:56 am

I've been having so much trouble trying to get into a pike from gemini to be able to switch into scorpio. I absolutely love the combo of switching between leg hangs and since boht of mine are really solid I thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately I think my thigh gap is too big and I get absolutely zero hold. 

Does anyone have any ideas for what I could do instead or how to work on this?

Thanks!

xx

RoseMay replied 11 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • monica kay

February 4, 2013 at 2:37 am

i think that piking and doing the leg hang switches are possible for you.

veena has slender thighs and she can do those tricks.

are you using the arm when you pike?  because that is an important contact point during the early stages of learning pikes and switcheroos.  Sometimes, to increase the grip of my arm, I will clasp both my hands behind my back to really catch that pole in the armpit area.

good luckhttps://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• CreativityBySteffie

February 4, 2013 at 3:10 am

I have really thin thighs and a huge gap between them. I cannot for the life of me, do a CAR, but I have no trouble doing leg switches. What I do, is I tilt my wheight. I start with gemini then Sort of like into a reverse teddy, pushing my wheight to one side, then into a pike, still pushing my wheight to one side, making the one thigh push against the pole, and then I go into scorpio. I can do this both fast and slower and it feels secure all the way. You should be able to do it, even though you have beautifull slim legs. Mine are more slim, chicken like, so if I can do it, so can you 🙂

• RoseMay

February 4, 2013 at 4:47 am

Can you do the V hip hold? You're basically holding your weight with the armpit and one leg. Doing a pike hip hold isn't that much different. You don't have to rely on both legs holding you up. It's that inside leg that's pointing across the pole and towards your outside shoulder that holds you 🙂