StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Toe Pain?

• Toe Pain?

Posted by Georgiapeach on January 1, 2010 at 2:04 am

Has anyone ever had this happen before? For the past 2 weeks when I go to climb taking my first step up onto the pole, i get a pain that shoots down to my Big Toe? Anybody have an idea what could cause it or why it is happening?

SissyBuns replied 14 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • azriel

January 1, 2010 at 2:14 am

i’ve never had that happen to me, so i can’t be much help.. maybe you’ve strained a nerve? where does the pain start from? maybe stretching it will help, as well as resting it for a bit. hope someone else has better advice & that you feel better soon! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• SissyBuns

January 1, 2010 at 2:58 am

When you say shooting pain that travels, the first thing I think it some type of nerve problem. Is it only when you climb? Are there anyother moves that cause the pain? Maybe your toe is cramping up. Cramps can be caused by dehydration or electrolyte imbalances. Sometimes eating a banana before you work out helps. And of course when in doubt (or pain) go see a doctor.

• Georgiapeach

January 2, 2010 at 4:32 am

Thanks for answering my thread.. Im right handed so when I climb I have right leg up , right hand up, when I go to lift my self up at the firt initial step up, It shoots down from my the inside of my knee where the pole meets down to my 1 toe, its only when I first go up on the pole and its not in the arch of my foot just my toe? 2nd and 3rd step etc… doesnt bother me? Its sortof like I guess like a charley horse in your toe then it tingles?

• faerie9

January 2, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I had something very similar and the doctor basically said it was nerve pain and to just avoid the movement that triggered the pain (which was ok as it was only one specific movement). I haven’t experienced it in months now (and had forgotten about it til I read this thread).

I don’t know much about anatomy etc so I’d just say rest it and if it keeps doing it see a doctor.

• Georgiapeach

January 2, 2010 at 11:13 pm

Thank you Sissybuns and faerie9 , Im gonna try to get by climbing left handed/legged and eating a bannana before I get on the pole and see how that does. I appreciate all the input.

• SissyBuns

January 2, 2010 at 11:16 pm

Thank you Sissybuns and faerie9 , Im gonna try to get by climbing left handed/legged and eating a bannana before I get on the pole and see how that does. I appreciate all the input.

Let us know how that goes. I’m curious to find out.