StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Tight Wrist

• Tight Wrist

Posted by krystalgem85 on June 26, 2009 at 2:57 am

So my wrist really hurt from practicing and I know I am holding on to tight but still get uncomfortable loosening it! I feel like it is because I think I will fall but I know that I won’t. Does that make sense? lol Did anyone else have this issue in the beginning? Has anyone used wrist guards?

PoleDanceABCs replied 15 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • mayzface

June 26, 2009 at 3:58 am

I just started dancing regularly a few weeks ago, and I kinda messed up my wrist too. It was sore and it hurt to lift even really light things, but I still couldn’t resist the urge to spin so I took my pole down for a few days and let my wrist relax. I also bought a wrist brace to remind myself not to use that hand, it was just $10 at the grocery store and it velcros on and keeps your wrist from moving around. After a couple of days of not using it very much I felt much better, but then I had to put the pole up again (which was a mess), and all the turning made it sore again! Anyway, just take it easy on that hand for a couple of days, and I’m sure it’ll feel better. Good luck!

• RoxyPink

June 26, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Are you doing any spins that require a split grip (bottom palm facing up…) such as a carousel, craddle..??? If so…stop…you may not have the strength to do them yet! If you try split grips too soon you could seriously hurt yourself…I know from experience! I had to take 3 mths off because of it…

• PoleDanceABCs

June 26, 2009 at 7:17 pm

Practice basic moves and work on strengthening your wrists… like doing push-ups and wrist curls. It def. hurts everywhere when you first start dancing. I was surprised at the muscles I had never used until I poled… I was sore for a day or two.