StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Thought this might be helpful to some of you

• Jazzy

October 13, 2009 at 5:40 pm

Wow!That was very informational! Thank you for posting you were very right! it was useful

• Angel1201

October 13, 2009 at 7:49 pm

I saw this video a while ago and recently visited my chiro for some tissue release work in my forearm. I explained the content of the video b/c I was worried that I shouldn’t be doing twisted grip. I also showed him videos of TG. He told me that bone never touches bone in the forearm unless there is an outside force squeezing them together. He said the reason I got hurt was b/c I did TG without warming up plus I had done it too many times in a row earlier that day which wore out the muscle. So an overworked muscle plus no warmup = injury. He also said anytime tissue or muscle is elongated ie;twisted, is it weaker than when it is in it’s contracted state. You need to be stronger in the working muscle groups than what the particular move requires. Don’t repeat the move over and over. Only do weight bearing activities after a 10 minute warmup.

Bottom line, only do intense moves only when you are strong enough, warm enough, and fresh!!

• litlbit

October 13, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Angel, I agree to a point with you for a lot of people…but I used to work for/with an orthopedic Physician on the ortho/nuero surgical unit (I’m a nurse)and he totally agrees with what was being said (he stated that she was probably describing the feeling, not necessarily that it actually touches)…it has to do with ROM (range of motion) and not everyone is able to do it due to their limited range. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif