StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Thinking of becoming a stripper… Help?

• ivygirl726

August 7, 2011 at 6:25 pm

At the club I work at they let you keep on bikini bottoms and you can get pasties that cover most of your boobs… That will help you build up the confidence to get topless if need be.. Talk to the manager or the owner of the club.. They are usually pretty understanding for new girls that have skills! If you know how to work a pole then they will hire you. Tell them you want to build up your confidence and work with an older girl that has been dancing for a while. 

• Rin Rin

August 8, 2011 at 8:43 pm

If your only reason for wanting to strip is to be on the pole, don't bother. The majority of your night will be spent on the floor, trying to convince customers to buy lapdances. And, unless you can find a bikini club in your area, you will have to be at least topless with just pasties covering your nipples and there will be some contact in the dances. And bikini bar workers generally don't make too much anyway. You'll only be on the pole about 1/8 of the night. I don't even turn tricks on our poles at the club because they are always nasty and greasy and it doesn't really increase stage tips anyway… Stripping is way more than dancing on a pole – it's mostly about sales and interacting with customers who will drain the life out of you every night. If you're shy and only want to dance – not grind half-naked/fully naked on random idiots, then try to find someplace else to do your dancing. The rigors of stripping aren't worth it just for a few songs a night on stage.

• kaygee10

August 7, 2013 at 1:40 pm

You could find bikini clubs with poles. I found this really cool place Im about to audition for

• kaygee10

August 7, 2013 at 1:40 pm

You could find bikini clubs with poles. I found this really cool place Im about to audition for

• Onga01

August 7, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Have you spoken to any nightclubs around your area? I pole dance on a bar in a club purely as trick intertainment for the crowd. No taking my clothes, dont have to talk to men and i keep my tips. Unfortunetly theres not many of these kind of gigs around and the money is no where near as good. but never hurts to ask and also check out craigslist 🙂

• Burgosarleen8347

April 29, 2016 at 7:07 am

New Jersey only really has gogo bars where you don’t take your top off. You do lapdances if you want but you make your money on stage. This is also true for most hood clubs but most you go at least topless.

• Sarah Bennett

April 29, 2016 at 8:34 pm

I danced in a bar off and on for 20 years. More on than off. Its a waste of a pole dancer’s talent as the art was rarely appreciated. Its all about sex, nudity and lap dances. There is nothing wrong with those things, but if you want to pole for money, try to get into feature dancing.

• Sarah Bennett

April 29, 2016 at 8:38 pm

Rin Rin, good point. I have to say that Deja Vu was great though. They are a chain. They have pageants and contests and they fly you to compete. Thats what I did in my prime. Most are nude but very strict so you dont get gropped. These clubs expect dramatic shows. Still the money is made in selling dances but the MCs really bust butt to help you.

Page 2 of 2