StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Things to know BEFORE you buy a pole!!!

• Cantetinza17

November 27, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Runemist34,

When you warm it up do you mean just heat up the room or actually try to heat up the pole with like maybe a hair dryer, lol I'm sorry I'm sure that sounds really stupid, but my friend told me to do that with my chrome pole and I'm seriously considering it.  I have a pink lil minx but I think I have to wait until I get a  house cause it bolts into the ceiling.  it's a decent pole, but I thik I want to get an Xpole I'm going to try my friend's pole she got a gold finished one, so I'll try hers.

• Runemist34

November 27, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Cantetinza17- What I mean is that you dance on it! When you do your warm up, to get your body going and warm, you can also do some light pole work, such as easy spins and poses and things, to get your pole warmer so that the metal grips better.

Warming up the room would be alright, but I could see the hairdryer idea being tedious, and not terribly useful, and possibly dangerous as those things get quite hot, and you don't want to damage the pole's finish.

I don't own my home, haven't for my whole life- I certainly don't have the money to afford a $50k downpayment, let alone a mortgage. However, I still continue to put my pole up and bolt it into the ceiling. I don't find that it does much damage, certainly light enough that, when and if you move out, you can put some polyfilla in there and it looks brand new (depending on how good you are with that polyfilla)! You can always inquire to your landlord if you would be allowed to bolt something into the ceiling. No need to tell them what it is. I mean, people sometimes put plant hooks up there, right?

• Slinky

November 27, 2012 at 1:42 pm

FREE brass ceiling mount for Pole Danzer model. I got rid of the pole years ago and just found this extra mount in storage. Contact me to arange shipping costs.

• Cantetinza17

November 27, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Runemist34,

Yeah unfortunately in my lease there is a rule that you can't bolt things in the ceiling( I live in luxury apartments) I guess cause the ceiling is a smooth finish instead the pop corn type finish cause I used it in my last apartment and it had the popcorn ceiling and you couldn't tell the difference, but if you hang a potted plant ( in the place I'm in now) they want you to use those adhesive type hooks.  I find it crazy, but its their rules and as long as I get my deposit back then fine I'll follow there rules.  If I could I would have continued to use the pink lil minx pole.  Since it has pink paint on it, it was quite grippy.  I was  just starting out and had Fawnia dvds lol, so I was just getting used to the fireman spin and stuff I hadn't even climbed or inverted at that time frame.

• Runemist34

November 27, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Aww! Darn those luxury apartments being all pompus 😛 Well, if you get an Xpole, and then you move, you can have TWO poles to play on! I would be jealous 😉

• Cantetinza17

November 27, 2012 at 2:51 pm

EXACTLY!!! I would love to do that because I could my lil Mynx would bbe my static and the other will be spinning!  I need to move! lol

• Buffy29

March 29, 2013 at 11:19 am

Hello I was interested in buying a pole but wanted to know how do I go about it? Shipping and prices
    Thank you

• Lyme Lyte

March 29, 2013 at 11:29 am

Depending what pole your interested in, go to their website and you can find all th info on prices and shipping. If you want an Xpoleus, you can order right off this site as well. Other good poled are Platinum Stages and LilMynx.

• Buffy29

March 29, 2013 at 1:12 pm

How do I go about ordering on here

• Lyme Lyte

March 29, 2013 at 1:26 pm

To the right of your screen you should see some type of bos that has the pole embollem and the words “starting at 249.99”. Click on that and you will have all options for size, width, and finish….

• CapFeb

March 29, 2013 at 2:15 pm

if the finish you want isn’t listed, I know you can use the “contact us” at the bottom of the page to place an order through Veena. For instance, I will eventually order a brass 45 through the contact us option because it isn’t in the default options.

• Buffy29

March 29, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Thanks ladies

• quancutie23

April 11, 2013 at 4:17 pm

I have a question about the poles on amazon.com I have an x pole but I see a lot of poles online that look like x poles are those good qualities too? i have read the reviews some are good and some are bad. I Guess everyone should just buy a pole that best fits there needs. Overall I prefer not to screw anything in my ceiling or leave marks. So i like poles that don't do that and xpoles are really easy to travel with they break up in 3 parts im not sure about a lil mynx. Xpole vs amazon.com poles?

• quancutie23

April 11, 2013 at 4:18 pm

I have a question about the poles on amazon.com I have an x pole but I see a lot of poles online that look like x poles are those good qualities too? i have read the reviews some are good and some are bad. I Guess everyone should just buy a pole that best fits there needs. Overall I prefer not to screw anything in my ceiling or leave marks. So i like poles that don't do that and xpoles are really easy to travel with they break up in 3 parts im not sure about a lil mynx. Xpole vs amazon.com poles?

Page 6 of 6