StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions “The Pole Diet”

• minicoopergrl

September 4, 2011 at 9:37 am

heres my thing, IMO old fashioned watch what you eat, work out and drink water is the best diet ever!  Im a big believer in that method for many reasons – formula hasnt changed, the results are permament than other diets.  Yeah it may take longer but losing 1-2lbs a week is perfect weight loss. 

• Mary Ellyn

September 4, 2011 at 12:15 pm

I've seen this diet plan and honestly it's mostly common sense and healthy eating.

Are you looking for a healthy plan to maintain or improve your current condition or are you looking to lose weight?

• Briannabohannah

September 4, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I definitely support Minicoopergirl on this one.  My advice to you is to educate yourself on how to eat like an athlete (be mindful of what you eat, get your protein and vitamins, drink lots of water, get good sleep, and work out!).  Personally I follow the Tone It Up "diet" which really isn't a diet at all but a lifestyle change.  I was getting bombarded with information about what was good and what wasn't and what athletes should and shouldn't be eating.

I found Tone It Up while looking for a fitness blog to help me sort out the information and so far, it's been great.  I did their Spring into Bikini Season challenged and it really helped me get in the swing of working out and eating right.  They just started their Back To School/Work fall challenge and I'm really looking forward to it.

It's kind of a one stop shop because not only do they talk about food, they also post alot of free workout videos through you tube which target areas that are useful to me for pole.  Plus with the way I've been eating I can see my body structure changing to become more lean with better muscle definition.

If you would rather have someone just tell you what to eat, I know you can buy the Tone It Up diet.  There are some definite pros – they update it a few times a year to include seasonal foods that you should be taking advantage of and incorporating new recipies to keep things fresh.  It also is a lifetime membership so you'll get the updates everytime they update it.  It also comes with access to an exclusive community that apparently is pretty awesome.

There are also some cons, it's costs about $150.00 to join, although if you follow their blog during the challenges you might be lucky enough to win it for free, in some of their give-aways.  The other things that may not actually be a con but is something to think about is that it's not really a diet, it's eating like an athelete and it is information that you can find out for yourself if you are dedicated enough to do your research and plan out your own meals.

I'm in school and working, both full time, so it's more economic for me (time wise) in the long run to pay for the plan and have someone plan them for me…so I'm saving up for it.

Anyhow long story short, look to make positive life-long changes.  You'll be happier with the results and they won't be hard to change because you're already in the habit.  The best part of eating like an athelete (provided that you are working out as well) is that there aren't alot of off-limit foods.  You just learn how to make better choices about when to use certain stuff and how to cut off calories and fats by switching cooking methods, choosing better cuts, and using oils that are healthier for you.  I feel full all the time, I have a ton of energy, and the best part is, I'm satisfied, stimulated by my meals, spend more time with my honey cooking together, and I don't feel like I'm on a "diet".

• Hazi411

September 5, 2011 at 6:15 am

Thanks ladies 🙂  I wasn't thinking of trying it to lose weight as such (although I wouldn't mind dropping a few kilos!), but more from the point of view of learning what to eat pre-and post- my pole sessions……there is a nutritionist at my local Doctors' Surgery, so I might make an appointment there.  https://www.studioveena.com/users/view/bc7089ce-d89d-11df-ab19-12313b090e12  I will take a look at the Tone It Up diet.  I agree that "diets" as such aren't a good long-term plan for losing weight.  Just mainly I could use some info on "eating like an athlete" and thought maybe "the Pole Diet" book might help with that.

• chemgoddess1

September 6, 2011 at 7:18 am

I am a big believer in eating "clean".  You can get Tosca's books at pretty much any library and learn the basics.  I have a subscription to both Clean Eating and Oxygen and there are always new and yummy recipes along with workouts and all sorts of info.  I do know that I feel and look better when I get rid of processed foods but I am no way strict with this.

• nymphdancer

September 6, 2011 at 8:53 am

I'm an "eat clean" person too. Ok most of the time lol. I really do try to limit/elimate as many processed foods out of our lives as possible.

• Briannabohannah

September 6, 2011 at 10:38 am

I also hold a subscription to Clean Eating magazine.  I really enjoy the recipies and it fits in well with the Tone It Up "diet" since Karina and Katrina are big advocates of clean eating.

Also I want to point out that i do know how to spell Athlete, I did it right the first time and then somewhere along the line that extra e was sneaking in.  *embarrassed* https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif