StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions The New Kid

• The New Kid

Posted by secret_shelby on March 2, 2009 at 1:54 am

Hi everyone! You can call me Shelby or Taylor. Shelby is my nickname, Taylor (or Tay) is my real name.

I’m ordering my pole in a couple weeks as an alternative to continuing the adult beginner ballet classes I am taking this semester at Boston Ballet that are kinda expensive : / Otherwise, I have no dance background. Rather, I’m going to school here in Boston for art (animation in particular!).

I can’t wait to get my pole! I will definitely post vids right away, but until then I enjoy seeing everyone’s hard work!

SaschaPoles replied 15 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    March 2, 2009 at 4:08 am

Hi, so nice to have you here. Have fun with your ballet class. I have always wanted to take a ballet class let us know how you like them. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• secret_shelby

March 2, 2009 at 4:12 am

It’s a lot of fun, but certainly difficult, mostly because it’s hard to go home and practice since there are so many things you have to be careful of (posture, arms, feet, turn out, tailbone, head, neck, expression, etc.) so you can’t really know if you’re doing it right unless there’s an instructor there.

That’s one of the reasons I like the idea of pole dancing; you can practice whenever you like, and if you do something wrong, you’ll know right away and have the bruises as a reminder : P

And though I do enjoy the class, an x-pole is about half the price of a semester’s worth of classes and it lasts a lot longer than just one semester sooooo I think we know which one wins haha

• secret_shelby

March 2, 2009 at 4:18 am

PS how do I upload an avatar for the forums?

• Veena

Administrator
    March 2, 2009 at 4:35 am

PS how do I upload an avatar for the forums?

Just add a photo to your account, then it will show up by your user name.

• pole-twista

March 4, 2009 at 12:11 am

another lady in mass. how nice Boston is appx an hr north of where I live Welcome https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_sunny.gif

• secret_shelby

March 4, 2009 at 12:16 am

yay thanks for the welcome : ]
    Go MA!
    Haha except for when it’s blizzardy and gross…. blech … Guess I still have to get used to the East Coast weather : P

• SaschaPoles

March 5, 2009 at 10:52 pm

hi shelby!!! my real name is taylor too, how cool! i think ballet is so beautiful, i bet you’ll do amazing at it!

• secret_shelby

March 5, 2009 at 11:08 pm

Haha yay for Taylors!
    : P
    Thanks so much! I’m not very graceful but I think the ballet helped a lot so hopefully I won’t be quite as clumsy on the pole… I have come to discover that pole dancing can definitely be equally as beautiful as ballet so I hope to apply the little I’ve learned in the ballet class to pole dancing!

• SaschaPoles

March 5, 2009 at 11:27 pm

oh definitely! ballet and pole dancing are works of art i think! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif you’ll rock it on the pole!

• secret_shelby

March 5, 2009 at 11:36 pm

haha aww thanks
    Hey I have a question: what kind of mat/rug is best to put under the pole? I have hardwood floors : /

• SaschaPoles

March 6, 2009 at 12:02 am

hmm, that’s a good question. im not sure, hopefully someone else on the site will have a good answer for that. my best suggestion would be to go to target or some store like that, in their yoga/get healthy section they usually have yoga mats and weights and fitness dvds and stuff. they should also sell cushiony floor mats that hook together to make a big square. you could buy 4 of those and cut a hole in the very middle and then connect the floor mats around your pole, that’s my best guess https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif