StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions TOMORROW IS THE DAY!

• TOMORROW IS THE DAY!

Posted by freakiel on January 22, 2010 at 2:59 am

that my hands touch the wonderful brass pole again! i’m very excited about going to xpose tomorrow after a loooong long long forced month hiatus for winter break, but i am also scared that i am not going to be able to do anything anymore. i will post a video, but i know that i will not be anywhere as strong as i was when i was last there, which was the practice video i posted, and i am not even that strong there. my skin definitely isn’t used to the pressure anymore and i doubt that i will even be able to do a normal pole sit. also, financially i suck and i don’t think that after tomorrow i will be able to go back again until the end of february. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

k2weller replied 14 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • freakiel

January 22, 2010 at 3:00 am

also, i don’t know what to work on! it’ll be practice w/o an instructor, but i guess i will just work on moves i used to know and then try some new ones.

• k2weller

January 23, 2010 at 1:10 am

I feel your pain! And quite literally at that… I took a six-week hiatus from class to nurse a screwed up elbow and a good dose of sinus infection, and I went back last week not knowing what to expect. I purposefully took it SUPER slow, really focused on proper form and thinking each move through without just jumping right back into the moves I was doing before I stopped. I am so glad I did! By the end of class I tried some of the harder tricks I was previously doing without even thinking about it… and I STILL have the bruises to show for it! My body knew what to do, but my skin was FAR from ready. I was actually surprised with how quickly the movements came back and how good it felt to be walking around the pole again. I am sure that you’ll get right back into the swing (ha!) of things and back on your normal routine in no time. Financially, it’s really tough to keep going ALL the time, but I find that if you can maintain your general fitness level through the time you can’t be in class, then the skin burn is really the only thing holding you back. Have fun back at class! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_sunny.gif