StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Swinging Chinese Pole

• OopseyDaisey

January 14, 2013 at 12:37 am

If you want to google more cool vids, this is usually called Danish pole. 🙂

• Dwiizie

January 14, 2013 at 8:10 am

I saw a pole in a dance studio once, but we were there for something else. I wanted to just try to climb it before I left, and as soon as I touched it it moved! I wasn't sure of why it was there. I think it may have been one of these. Should've seized the oppertunity. Or I would've just knocked an unsecured pole down lol. Still really cool.

• Juliana Dentata

January 14, 2013 at 8:26 am

I worked with a girl years ago who used to do Danish pole in a circus in CA. She was one of the most amazing dancers I'd seen and taught me some of my first tricks. I STILL think about her at times and I haven't even seen her in over 10 years lol 

• Elektra Vallens

January 14, 2013 at 12:32 pm

The circus school I take classes at has just started offering classes in this, and I'm trying to decide whether or not to take it.  It's a six week course for $200, so it's kind of a commitment, but I do really want to try it!

• Charley

January 14, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Thank you!  I had no idea that there was a name for this!  Danish Pole!!!!  I really enjoyed this style – it was more fluid than chinese although equally as impressive.  I would love to have one of these!

• OopseyDaisey

January 15, 2013 at 12:26 am

You are welcome! I’ve seen it done with up to five people on one…crazy!! I would love to take a stab at that, cause I think I would feel like a pirate in a big fight scene on a ship lol!!!