StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Suggestions for a pole space to rent to practice for a competition

• Suggestions for a pole space to rent to practice for a competition

Posted by PoleLeo on March 27, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Hello beautiful Veeners,

I am really interested in competing in the Pole Sport Organization Pole competition Pacific regionals. However I am a home poler and the closest studio is 2 hours away. I am curious if any of you amazing polers have any suggestions for locations I can use and put up my 2 poles and put a routine together. I have thought of yoga studios, but my mother says I would have to be insured on my own possibly since I could be considered a liability if I fell on their property. I had a friend suggest the community college here since they have a dance studio there, although I don’t know what their restrictions would be as well as the liability issue. some others have said to talk to a couple gyms here and I would probably have to be a member with one of them. Honestly if someone had an empty room or big living room or garage i thought I could do that. Unfortunately nobody wants to give up their garage or living rooms…go figure. So I’m throwing this discussion out there because you all are such and inspiration and have great ideas. I appreciate any suggestions you may have. Thank you and have a lovely day!

kasanya replied 10 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

March 27, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Have you looked at storage garages? You may be able to get one that would fit a car for only a few months and they are not terribly expensive (like I want t say under $100 a month and you do not have to sign a ling contract).

• PoleLeo

March 27, 2014 at 9:09 pm

Chem, that’s a genius idea! holy crap I didn’t even think of that! It sounds golden, I’m going to definitely look into that. Thank you!

• kasanya

March 27, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Um, before you invest too much time / money into this project… You want to do the PSO Pacific regionals? This year? Because they were 4 weeks ago…

• PoleLeo

March 27, 2014 at 9:29 pm

No Kasanya, sorry I should of stated that in my post. I’m planning for next year…I am a very anticipatory creature. I figure I’d start putting my feelers out and see if i can find a location first before I invested anything into that comp.

• kasanya

March 27, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Ahhh, ok. It just seemed very early for getting next year organized, hence my confusion. Good luck with everything! =)