StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Stucco?

• Stucco?

Posted by New_Dancer on July 16, 2009 at 7:25 pm

Hi Ladies,

One more question. Will an x-pole destroy a stucco ceiling? My bedrooms have stucco. My kitchen doesn’t, but that isn’t really going to work!

New Dancer

RoxyPink replied 15 years ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • kasanya

July 17, 2009 at 2:34 am

Just move the microwave into the living room and dish soap to the bathroom and you’ll be good to go! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_thumright.gif

My ceiling looks like popcorn but has more of a solid stucco feel to it. Neither my PS pole or my X-Pole have damaged it so far. The PS pole did leave a dark ring on the ceiling though… (not sure about the X-Pole since I haven’t taken it down yet)… so I would recommend maybe giving your ceiling plates a quick wash before installing them.

• cbr600girl

July 17, 2009 at 4:22 am

Do you mean the popcorn ceiling? It won’t cause much damage, but if worse comes to worse you can buy the spray on popcorn in a can for touch-ups!

• Poleluver

July 17, 2009 at 4:56 am

I have popcorn ceilings and was found while putting it up only 2-3 very small crumbs came off, I have not removed it yet to see but I can tell the ceiling appears to go up as the pole is tight against the joist on the other side. My husband is worried sometimes that it will tear part of the edge around. I told him don’t worry I’d pay for it. LOL

• New_Dancer

July 17, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Hi Ladies,

I live in a region where everyone buys/sells houses a lot so I know that people are really picky. I don’t know if it is also called popcorn ceiling but it sounds the same, basically little dots all over the place. I do plan on selling my house in the next couple of years. It is a pretty new house, but I know we’ll have a fair bit of work to do – painting, refinishing carpets, etc.

Thanks for the info.

New Dancer

• RoxyPink

July 17, 2009 at 1:37 pm

I have popcorn ceilings and was found while putting it up only 2-3 very small crumbs came off, I have not removed it yet to see but I can tell the ceiling appears to go up as the pole is tight against the joist on the other side. My husband is worried sometimes that it will tear part of the edge around. I told him don’t worry I’d pay for it. LOL

are you sure your pole is centered on a joist? I’ve had this happen but only when it wasn’t in the right position.