StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Sticking to pole in a bizarre turn of events …

• Sticking to pole in a bizarre turn of events …

Posted by PoleSkivvies on July 19, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I can't even believe I'm writing this because my problem is usually not being able to get any grip at all on the pole.  But, in fact, it was Veena herself who warned me that, eventually, I'd have the "too much grip" problem. 

Well, that day has come.  We're having a hot, humid summer over here in Vermont, and I can grip like crazy – but it's ruining my inverts.  How do you slide out of them with all this humidity?  I had to put on a tank instead of my pole bra, because I nearly ripped my tummy off.

Any ideas? 

OopseyDaisey replied 12 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Georgia Petrou

July 19, 2011 at 1:34 pm

seems humit summer woks differently on u..not sure of what u can do for less grip though.. i have exactly the opposite problem!! my hands sweat and i slip off the pole..i use the Tite grip lotion which refreshes my hands ,removes humit and it doesn't affect my spins..im really satisfied with it..maybe would do for ur occasion too.what about having a cold shower before ur practice(if u dont do that already i mean :))

• chemgoddess1

July 19, 2011 at 1:36 pm

I had a powder coated up until about 2 months ago so I know a little something about grip.  Air conditioning and pointing a fan at you while you are working out are the only 2 things I can really offer up as suggestions.  I usually had to pole early morning or later in the evening as I do not have air conditinoing.  It teaches you a little different technique which will help you in the long run.

• Veena

Administrator
    July 19, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Ahhh yes, super grip! I have that going on right now too, so humid you can hardly breath outside… With any grippy pole you will find you have to be right on as far as body and hand placement because you can't just slip into the right spot once your up there. So its good because your forced to be precise, but yet frustrating. On the x poles or SS poles letting some grim build up can help reduce stickiness.

• PoleSkivvies

July 19, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I guess I shouldn't complain, since it's such a rare problem out here.  Still, how do I get out of the inverts?  I usually just slide down out of the Bat (just the basic), but I've totally stopped that for the time being.  Do I just come down the way I went up, undoing my legs?  Is there any other approach to it?

• Veena

Administrator
    July 19, 2011 at 4:52 pm

You could come down by undoing the legs….move the legs into a tuck, but only if your strong enough so there is no sudden jerk as you decend. Its something I do int he lessons. The key is to do it slowly. If you have the lessons I do it in there. https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/4cbc4b23-b534-4d1a-9978-3b990ac37250

• PoleSkivvies

July 19, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Thank you!  I'll try that!

• OopseyDaisey

July 20, 2011 at 2:06 am

When it's humid, I make sure I have a fan directed at the pole to keep it cool…seems to help me not rip my skin off!   Also, maybe try using water or something other than alcohol to clean it?  No go on the Windex for me, though…that ammonia is baddd.