StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Steam cleaning taller poles

• Steam cleaning taller poles

Posted by mariebee on January 17, 2013 at 11:11 am

This may belong on another thread (sorry if the subject was all ready covered elsewhere)

At the studio I go to, we have taller poles (15 feet) It's a wherehouse location and gets supercold right now. I want to get a clothes steamer to help clean/reduce the slip factor… BUT how on earth can I safely do this? Are there longer hose attachments that I'm not seeing in my searches?

mariebee replied 11 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Dwiizie

January 17, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Mine has a hose on it, it can blast straight steam, or theres a little rag attachment thing. Its called a Shark…

I don't know if this is the exact model I have, but it looks like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Euro-Pro-Shark-Purpose-Portable-Steamer/dp/B006TMIYX8/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1358446612&sr=8-10&keywords=shark+steam+cleaner

I'd say the only thing I don't like is that you have to be holding the button on the unit for steam to come out of the hose. Its nice if you can have someone else hold the button and you run the hose around where you need. Even without that, its nice. I used it to clean sugar glider cages, which are large, ackward, and funky, and it suited my needs.

• Dwiizie

January 17, 2013 at 12:21 pm

But you still have to wipe the steam away, so I assume you're still in the air on a ladder or on the pole or something. I don't think its good to steam it and let it air dry, but I may be incorrect.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 17, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Yes you want to wipe the steam off right away. 🙂

• mariebee

January 18, 2013 at 10:26 am

As it is now (from the ones I'm looking at online) the hose parts are usually 6 feet or so long. The "fix" would be to be on the ladder holding the machine for the upper part, then do the lower parts of the poles, then wiping the pole down immediately. I was hoping there was a way to extend the hose so a person could be on the floor spraying/steaming, then climb up on the ladder  to wipe that puppy down 😉

• Dwiizie

January 18, 2013 at 10:46 am

Hmmm…. I googled power washer steam cleaner, since power washers often have longer hoses. This one says the hose is 26 feet with 3 different attachments and a steam option. Its a little pricey at 200 bucks, but I didn't dig deep for best reviews/best prices. Would something like that suit your needs?

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-1700-psi-1.3-gpm-electric-pressure-washer-w/p-07175286000P

I don't think you'd wanna blast the pole with the power washer part, but if the steam will come out of the hose, it sounds like it could be an answer. Good luck!

• mariebee

January 18, 2013 at 11:20 am

That's exactly the type of thing I'm looking for. =]

Yay they do exist!! $200 is a bit pricy…. but if I can't find similar for a bit less.. it's still cheaper then concussions or broken bones. 

Thank you for your magical interwebs searching https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif