StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Staying in pole-shape sans pole?

• Staying in pole-shape sans pole?

Posted by AstridColeslaw on October 6, 2009 at 12:57 pm

So I’m in-between apartments right now and without my pole! Just as I was getting used to it again, and that skin-ripping feeling on my thighs was going away!

While I mourn its absence (longingly gazing at it sitting in pieces in the corner of my friend’s place) how could I stay in shape to be pole-ready when I get it back up? It will be at least three more weeks, more if i I have to order an extension piece from xpole (to fit higher ceilings in my new place! whee!).

I’ve been trying to keep fit generally, doing ballet videos, doing pushups, crunches and working on my flexibility. Any advice from other girls who have had to go without?

FreeTheSun replied 14 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • FreeTheSun

October 7, 2009 at 1:25 am

So I must preface this with the fact that I am bias cause I’ve been a swimmer my whole life…but swimming is great cause it focuses on core, arms and depending on your technique legs. That helps me out, especially if you rotate your strokes (not all free). Or if you know any or are decent at figuring things out, Synchronized swimming basic skills are good (layouts, ballet legs, egg beater, etc).
    But what you’re doing sounds good already. Maybe sneak away to a playground at night. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif