StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Star Stand Alone – Help

• Star Stand Alone – Help

Posted by Cazzzz on December 23, 2014 at 11:56 am

I know there are tons of posts about poles on this site and I’ve taken the time to read (probably) all of them. Particularly posts related to Platinum Stages and their Star Stand alone, so forgive me if you find this post/inquiry redundant. I have made an honest effort not to waste your time and I still need help.

First of all, is there any place in the U.S. that sells the Star Stand Alone?
    There are lots of reviews but I can’t find any place in the U.S. selling the Star Stand Alone.
    Platinum Stages website sells X-Stage but I don’t want an X-Stage. Their website sells the “Free Standing Pole For Star Stand Alone” in three heights and that’s it.

Lastly, is Platinum Stages customer service good theses days?
    Their YELP reviews say it sucks for the most part. One review claimed that it used to suck but is better now.

Thank you for your valuable input.

Phoenix Hunter replied 9 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Webmaster

Administrator
    December 23, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Platinum Stages is no longer manufacturing portable poles including the Star Standalone.

• Cazzzz

December 23, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Thank you, Webmaster!

• Phoenix Hunter

December 23, 2014 at 1:18 pm

if you are still interested in getting a stage pole , I have an xstage lite and I love it. I tried a star stand alone and hated it. but that’s just me, others love them. I found it to be unstable. I believe the finish was stainless steel or chrome. either way, I hated the finish of the pole. it was super slippery. the plastic pieces kept popping up as I was walking on them. dangerous in heels I think. I really wanted to like the star stand alone for several reasons: it is a little bit lighter than the xstage, a little bit faster to assemble and I like the feel of plastic on my feet rather than cold metal. I really really wanted to like the star stand alone but I was very unhappy with it. just wanted to give my experience with them. others will disagree. I think the only way to know for sure is to try it for yourself. I was lucky that I could try them both. you may be able to find used ones for sale. but the xstage is definitely available and you should try it if you can. good luck pole shopping! I hope you find something you love

• Cazzzz

December 23, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Thanks, Phoenix Hunter. Maybe you took the edge off my disappointment around not getting a Star Stage. 😉

I don’t know about getting a used stand alone pole. There’s too much at risk to trust someone to sell me a sound pole.

• Phoenix Hunter

December 23, 2014 at 3:44 pm

yes, i can understand that. xpole has good customer service and it’s safer to order straight from them. the stage pole does take up some floor space as you can see. I just live with it. I dont care. and it hinders floor work greatly. but for me a stage pole was the better option because I have tall slanted ceilings and I am NOT gonna climb a ladder and permanently mount anything to that ceiling. Im just too lazy and scared to climb a ladder and do that. tension mounted is what I wanted but my celing is tall and slanted and that wont work.