StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Sport Period Panties?

• tacha666

January 13, 2017 at 2:10 pm

I’m about to order some of the Thinx panties. I have a really heavy flow and can’t use my cup without a backup, so these would be perfect!
    Has anyone tried them in the meantime?
    I’m wondering which size to get. I wear a medium in Bad Kitty shorts – I heard they run a Little small, but then considering their size chart I should get a medium…

• Veena

Administrator
    January 13, 2017 at 4:38 pm

I’ve thought about it too, but I get stuck on what size! If you get them let us know how they work!!

• Runemist34

January 13, 2017 at 7:48 pm

It’s literally been years of me thinking “I should get some of these” and not doing it.
    I think they “fit small” because the intention is that they would fit CLOSE, so that there’s no leaks sneaking out the side or legs or anything. You could always check out their return policy on incorrect sizing? What I always get hung up on is style. I hate most types of panties, and it’s gotta be a specific shape or else I’m just going to be uncomfortable! Hard to buy these things online.

• tacha666

January 14, 2017 at 9:23 am

Returning is not really an option since I’m from Germany 🙁
    Also, I’m not sure if I go ahead and order some, how many I should get. Shipping is 9$, so if I only get 1 pair, test would be really expensive. Also, if I have to pick them up at customs, that takes me almost 2 hrs (and adds costs), so not really worth the hassle for just 1 pair 🙁
    Unfortunately they don’t seem to have a European distributor.

I mean, I’m pretty sure I want some, it’s just that I don’t want to get 5 pairs of the wrong size.

• MdawWat

January 14, 2017 at 12:32 pm

They were on my mind for a while after seeing this thread, and I finally bought three pairs a couple months back. I an on seasonal BC so I am preparing for my second period with them and am thinking about buying another couple of pairs so I don’t have to worry about rinse and dry. So I guess you can tell that I loved them. Once I got over the initial fear about whether or not they would work, I was finally able to have a period where I was really comfortable that my clothes were protected.

For my second go with them, I think I might still use a tampon or something else on my heavier days although I think I could probably get away without it. For the lighter days near the end though where I am sick of having to have something for little leaks it was dreamy to have the feeling I was just in underwear without worrying about shifting panty liners or other nonsense heavier than what I needed.

I wish I could be more helpful on size. My pole shorts are all different sizes. I have some small Bad Kitty shorts, but I never wear them because I am uncomfortable with so much hanging out, so I plan on getting mediums if I ever buy more. I took mediums in Thinx and loved the fit.

• tacha666

February 10, 2017 at 1:29 pm

So, here’s a Little update 🙂
    I ended up buying 3 pairs of hiphuggers and 2 thongs in medium.
    They do fit both. However; I would have preferred if the fabric would have been a litel longer on the back of the hiphuggers. If I pull them up where they feel comfortable, I have 4 buttcheeks, if you know what I mean.
    The thongs are a lot longer; they could have been a Little shorter. They’re sort of a 80’s / 90’s cut.
    BUT just a Little bit. Not as much as that it really bothers me. They’re just not 100% perfect, but rather 95%.
    I mean, we’re all different, and of course it fits different on everyone.
    What I really like is the waistband. The lace doesn’t give a muffin top and they vanish completely under bk’s competition shorts.

Functionwise I think they’re great! Of course what they swallow is limited. With my extremely heavy flow, I couldn’t wear just these. But it gives me peace of mind to know that I won’t leak when my menstrual cup is full.

I ended up ordering 3 more pairs of hiphuggers, so I’m covered for the entire week.

So, for me it’s a YES!

• XxMyztikxX

February 10, 2017 at 5:29 pm

have two pair of thinx. A thong medium which fits perfectly.. And a medium of the regular ones not sure what they were called. I know that doesn’t help. But the mediums are a lil small I feel i would get a large for myself in any hip huggers or normal shaped underwear. They do work. I try to stay away from tampons my mom fears it she lost a friend bc of them. Sometimes I’ll wear one the first day or on your heaviest day. Then the under wear the rest of the days. There are also organic tampons I heard u can get at bed bath beyond that dont give u toxic shock syndrome. I have yet to try them.

• Sayra

February 10, 2017 at 10:15 pm

I ordered the sport ones a few months ago along with two other styles (hiphuggers and bikini). I didn’t like the way any of them fit. I love the concept, but if they don’t fit, it doesn’t matter.

Note – since they were “satisfaction guaranteed”, I attempted to return them. They ended up refunding my money, and let me keep them. So you don’t lose anything for trying them.

• Veena

Administrator
    February 11, 2017 at 4:35 am

Ok, I really need to get some!!!! Thanks for letting everyone know how they’ve worked for you!

Page 2 of 2