StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Spinning one handed.

• KellieM

May 13, 2020 at 1:27 pm

is there any video lessons for this ?😊 I can do all Venna said is required but one hand spins are definitely my downfall right now and have alwayssss been😔 I don’t give up tho. I can invert and do normal basic spins (static) but not one handed and the other girls make it look SOO easy !!

• Veena

Administrator
    May 13, 2020 at 3:50 pm

Do you mean spinning on spinning pole with one hand or static?

• KellieM

May 13, 2020 at 4:36 pm

one handed spins on static.. both sides of course!☺️
    like even the basic fireman spin and such with just one hand…I’m frustrated after months since most do it sooo easily since day one. not me.

I can’t seem to find a video here or online as Venna breaks all moves down to make sense for my brain…🥰
    I’m trying normal spins and taking my bottom hand off but nope..I just fall like a bag of potatoes.
    I know the pole pull up with one hand conditioning.. I also always struggled with that too and still do.

I’m not sure if I don’t have the grip..(normal spins fine) or strength (I can climb and sit and invert) I could never get one handed spins..maybe my muscles are still not use to it ??
    I even bought a pull up bar hoping to help one hand spins (what our studio calls them)… but maybe I don’t know the right conditioning or workouts or right technique 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

• Veena

Administrator
    May 13, 2020 at 8:02 pm

It’s a matter of strength building. There’s no trick that will teach you how to hold the whole body up with one hand. 😊 You want to start with spins the face the pole like fireman, carousels, then move on to chair and forward attitudes etc as those are forward facing spins and you can use the outside hand to assist. Most people I’ve worked with can’t spin with one hand easily or quickly. It takes training.

Something else to remember, if you don’t have the momentum and timing behind you, then holding is more difficult. Spinning with one hand is really challenging and isn’t something you suddenly learn, you have to work up to it. Doing the lessons in the order I have them is helpful.

Also, if you’re talking about spins like reverse grab? Those types require shoulder mobility, timing and lots of training to make sure you have the strength to support all the stress placed on the shoulder. I never suggest working on Reverse grab until you can do a single hand chair.

This routine will be helpful and PLEASE stretch your forearms if you’re focusing on spins. https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/5e7506d9-4224-4491-8439-4bc4ac110005

Check that your shoulder engagement is good as well. https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/5e7034cf-2b58-4d29-a149-1be9ac110005

If you post a video I can tell right away if it’s a strength or technique issue.

• KellieM

May 13, 2020 at 9:20 pm

you don’t know how much I appreciate and am THANKFUL your replies to my threads(even years after their posted) Venna, gives the right direction to the proper videos… 🥰🥰🥰(you help more than some teachers I had in class)
    you taught me to climb before I even went to a studio or took a class. I’ll forever recommend studio Veena and when I do, this is the exact reason why!
    GREAT VIDEOs, GREAT INSTRUCTOR, GREAT SERVICE.. so excited to finally be in the right direction.
    thank-you thank-you !

• Veena

Administrator
    May 13, 2020 at 9:28 pm

You’re welcome! Let me know how it goes!

Page 2 of 2