StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Spinning directions etc

• Lina Spiralyne

September 1, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Yes depends on what we acually mean. For example, hanging in a gemini or scorpio after inverting forward could be considered going backwards as your face is now not looking in the direction of the spin anymore. But I was referring to the inversion only with my earlier post.

I would say that when you are going into scorpio/gemini after forward inversion, you are moving your LEG forward/backward respectively.

• Rachel Osborne

September 1, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Sometimes I think pole is really flipping
    complicated and you need to be quite scientifically minded and strategic to work out what the jeff is going on, especially when you’re upside down with your legs in the air

:-/

• Lina Spiralyne

September 1, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Yes, true. I have understood, through pole dancing and contortion, how learnt from experience left/right, up/down, backward/forward actually are. New, unusual situations and positions makes us lose them.

For example when I’m in a compact bridge and shift my weight backwards or forwards I’m not always sure in which of the two directions I’m moving.

And when I’m in a cobra and grab one of my feet over my head…I don’t really know which foot I’m holding. Once I was planning to grab my right foot with my right hand to pull that leg over my head. So I did…I thought. When I saw the video I realized to my surprise that it was not the right foot that I had been holding, but the left! But I had not been able to feel which of my own limbs I had been working with.

Someone also told me a very interesting story. He had been on some kind of camp or something with people from all over the world. Some African group had never seen stairs before in their whole life. After a while they learnt to recognize “stairs” and knew when they had been using them, but they were not able to distinguish if they had been going “up” or “down”.

So I don’t think we need to feel foolish if we mix things up while hanging in the pole or so 🙂

Page 2 of 2