StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Spinning Dismount

• angel6101

June 4, 2010 at 1:32 am

I actually do this alot…not lately as my pole has been too darm sticky to spin around lol. Anyway my trick for it is first to get into a very good floor reverse aysha then as I’m hooking the leg for my floor scorpio I kinda push off on my hands and let my weight fall back. I also use a little momentum from my leg that’s not hooked i.e. throwing it back and around from the forward position it started in. If you don’t start in the floor reverse aysha it’s hard to create momentun because essentially your throwing the leg/weight back as your pushing off the floor. Hope that helps https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• RoxyPink

June 4, 2010 at 2:16 am

Angel explained it exactly as I would! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• amy

June 4, 2010 at 3:06 am

if you hook your left leg, wen you go into the spin your’e actually putting all your weight onto your right hand. you start with both hands down, but then you lift your left hand off the ground, and hold the pole with it. your right leg sweeps with tons of momentum into the spin because youer’ shifting all your weight into that leg. there’s actually a moment when i do this dismount where i can feel my balance completely shift as i sweep my leg around. here’s a pic of what i mean…

• Mary Ellyn

June 4, 2010 at 4:04 am

I don’t use the ayasha at all to get into this and have no problem. Just sliding down from an inside leg hang/scorpio, you can get into it and spin very well.

Amy described it the way I teach it…hooking the left leg, you lift the left hand first, push with the right hand and swing the right leg in a full circle for momentum. It’s a bit odd on top of being upside-down to figure out how to push off with the opposite hand, but once you figure out the direction to push and to sweep the outside leg, it works great.

You can also just grip with the back of the armpit instead of actually grabbing onto the pole with your inside hand.

• joni1

June 15, 2010 at 12:24 pm

I just learned the reverse ayasha to scorpio hang dismount from Karol’s workshop this weekend. And I love this dismount. I’m still working on smoothing it out and adding more momentum to the spin but i got the basic principle. Can someone please break down the front handstand version for me. Thanks in advance.

• SissyBuns

June 15, 2010 at 2:04 pm

This was right on time for me because I’ve watched Azriel do this a gazillion times and I’ve been wanting to learn it forever. Adding it to my To do list!