StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Snapped my X-Pole release tool

• Snapped my X-Pole release tool

Posted by HunnyHeatha on August 9, 2010 at 4:07 am

When trying to take down my X-Pole I snapped one of the release tools that it came with.
    I ordered the C-Cup release tools from X-Pole but I’m waiting for them to be re-shipped becuase I was unable to pick them up the first time they were delivered.

Is there anything else I can use to take down my pole in the meantime?
    I have a hardware store closeby, is there anything there that would work?
    It’s been up for months so the poles are stuck pretty tight together, so any pointers on howto get it unstuck would be helpful too!

miss fern replied 13 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Meleania

August 9, 2010 at 5:52 am

I usually lay it on the floor, and then step on the rods with shoes on to get them apart.

• EVamp83

August 9, 2010 at 7:50 am

I think I heard ppl mention a few times that you can use big screwdrivers or something like that. But I’m not 100% sure..

• miss fern

August 9, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Wow – what good timing! I just published an article about how to get X-Pole tubes unstuck on my new pole website: http://heartofpole.net/life-and-pole/tips/how-to-get-an-x-pole-unstuck.html

There’s loads of tips and methods in there (such as loosening the tubes while the pole is still up, rubbing lubrication into the joints and using vibration or shock to loosen the poles). So have a read and see if any of them help you.

As for what to use for the tools – I suggest taking one of the rods to your hardware store and asking them what’s the closest thing they have to that in size, shape and material? But be careful, if you get something too strong it might warp the holes in your X-Pole from all the pressure. So do make sure you try the tricks in the article first. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif