StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Skincare and pole dancing

• Skincare and pole dancing

Posted by Sabrina27 on February 1, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Now I know that oil and moisturisers are a big no no for pole dancing for obvious reasons. However being a woman of colour coco butter is a necessity for me! I would eventually like to be able to "perform" in front of friends but it’s not very sexy when you have ashy knees and patches of dry skin on your body!

Any tips??

verucablue replied 14 years, 5 months ago 6 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

February 1, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Aloe vera gel or Corn Huskers Lotion. Amlactin is also a godsend at this time of year for me. You have to buy it at the pharmacy. I used to get prescriptions for this when I was younger but now it is OTC. The lotion soaks in faster than the cream.

Also, I have no problems moisturizing in the morning if I am poling in the afternoon. I just don’t do it right before going on the pole.

• polergirl

February 2, 2010 at 3:04 pm

I will second Corn Huskers lotion. Also, pure shea butter helps me when I’m SUPER dry. If you massage it in when you’re fresh out of the shower it soaks in better and doesn’t grease you up quite so much.

• Reyn

February 2, 2010 at 10:13 pm

I’m not sure how your schedule works for poling but perhaps if you lotion just after poling you could still keep your skin silky and healthy but then by the time you pole again it has had time to soak in completely?

• verucablue

February 3, 2010 at 2:10 am

Now I know that oil and moisturisers are a big no no for pole dancing for obvious reasons. However being a woman of colour coco butter is a necessity for me! I would eventually like to be able to "perform" in front of friends but it’s not very sexy when you have ashy knees and patches of dry skin on your body!

Any tips??

yup…I feel your pain https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif If you figure it out please let me know lol…honestly I just wipe down my knees and elbows with some water before hand to kill the ash and then lotion up the moment I am off the pole.

• polergirl

February 3, 2010 at 2:21 pm

If I can chime in on that–sugar is also a great scrub. Salt burns my skin (so sensitive!!). And olive oil is FAB for both skin and hair. Just don’t use much, and make sure to soap lightly after so you rinse the excess off well enough. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Sabrina27

February 5, 2010 at 12:20 pm

I have my routine where I moisturise daily. My pole classes tend to be early evenings which by then the moisturiser has soaked up, though I’m more concerned with when you’re performing any floor work, the unslightly dry patches on the knees creep up not a very pretty sight! But I guess its something I will have to deal with.

Thanks for all your replies though x

• Mynx65

February 5, 2010 at 2:32 pm

I second the sea salt scrub. I recently purchased a sea salt scrub that’s soaked in oil – and it is amazing! I use a small amount of it daily when I shower, and I use a very light lotion (as opposed to a heavy body butter or cream) afterwards. It soaks right up, and I also try to not over-do it in areas where I know I need lots of grip for the pole (inside thighs, behind the knees).

• verucablue

February 5, 2010 at 6:10 pm

I have my routine where I moisturise daily. My pole classes tend to be early evenings which by then the moisturiser has soaked up, though I’m more concerned with when you’re performing any floor work, the unslightly dry patches on the knees creep up not a very pretty sight! But I guess its something I will have to deal with.

Thanks for all your replies though x

seriously right before you perform a quick wipe down with water will hold the ashy-ness off for long enough to dance https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif