StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Sizing – shoes vs boots

• Sizing – shoes vs boots

Posted by Hazi411 on March 31, 2013 at 3:53 am

Hi all, I've got a couple of pairs of Pleaser open toe shoes (with ankle strap) in size 8.  I've heard that you need to go up a size for boots.  I'm lusting after the Pleaser 1018 or 2018 open toe boots (side zipper with a lace-up back).  Should I get my usual size 8 or go up to a 9.  Advice please 🙂  Thanks heaps.

Hazi411 replied 11 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • calipolepixie

March 31, 2013 at 9:49 am

I am always one size larger in boots. I wear a 9-9 1/2 shoe, so I always go up to a 10 or 10 1/2 in boots but it depends if your foot is wide or narrow & on the cut of the boot–a boot thats wide in the toe, I can do a 10. If it is a boot that has a pointy or narrow toe, I get a 10 1/2 because I have long foot, yet I’m wide in the toe region.

• Hazi411

March 31, 2013 at 10:29 am

The boots I’m considering have open toe and heel. Pleaser size 8 is a good fit in open toe shoes. I would rather start out with them being tight on the basis that they will stretch, which is why I’m undecided. Maybe I should email the supplier and ask what length the boot is? Or tell them the length of my foot?

• Brandi RocknBody

April 1, 2013 at 7:41 am

Hey hazi, if the boots are open-toes, go with your normal size 8. When it comes to boots, it’s not so much the length of the boot itself that makes them “smaller” – it’s the way the manufacturers design the upper of the boot (i.e., the part that covers the toes, top, sides and back of the foot). In my experience, size up in Pleasers and with Ellie’s it can be a crapshoot because theirs tend to run wider and looser. That being said, with Pleasers it can be a crapshoot as well: I myself size up, but I’ve plenty of customers that can wear their normal open-toes size. They will stretch and break in as you wear them.

Bottom line? Best to go into an exotic wear boutique and try a pair on to see what works for you because everyone is different.

• Elektra Vallens

April 1, 2013 at 11:33 am

I have two pairs of Pleaser boots, both size 6.  One is slightly large on me, the other slightly small.  I think the fit depends very much on the style, but I would stay with your regular shoe size to get the best fit.

• Hazi411

April 2, 2013 at 12:44 am

Thanks so much everyone, especially Brandi 🙂 As the boots I'm considering have open toe and heel, I think I'll go with my normal size.  If I was getting closed toe/heel boots I would probably go up a size then I could maybe wear socks under them (to help with the sweat issue!)