StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Six Pack

• Six Pack

Posted by witeroze on August 30, 2009 at 1:58 am

Can poling be enough to give you a six-pack in time?

I’m wondering if all these female pole dancers (Wendy Traskos, Katie Coates, etc) got a six pack just from poling? I’m assuming they use weights too…

isabella replied 14 years, 11 months ago 9 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • SissyBuns

August 30, 2009 at 2:49 am

I tell my self that they lift weights too. I can’t know for sure….but I tell myself that….

• deetron

September 2, 2009 at 1:12 pm

I’d say it can – hanging knee raises, air inverts, shoulder mounts, laying back and sitting up from CKR and CAR – abs work alot for these things!

• SissyBuns

September 2, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Diet has a lot to do with that too. I don’t think you can pole your heart out, then eat twinkies all day and expect to get a six pack LOL.

• sima

September 3, 2009 at 3:55 am

totally right, to be able to see the muscles of the six pack you’ve got to have a pretty low body fat percentage. Which definitely involves diet, but also total body weights (focusing on large muscle groups) to rev up your metabolism and cardio.
    speaking of abs, anyone have a good ab routine that would help with pole work? particularly for doing choppers, i still cant do them even though i can invert! I already do the hanging "pole up" pole sit up things but it would be super awesome to here what some of u advanced girls do!

• deetron

September 3, 2009 at 8:04 am

I like hanging leg raises in the gym for lower abs. I think they are helping me do better choppers and air inverts!
    Even if you can only do a few at a time – I think the motion of lifting your legs by curling your pelvis upwards and inwards (keeping shoulders depressed to avoid injury) is really good for choppers and shoulder mounts too!you can start with keeping your knees bent, and progress to straight eventually!

• EVamp83

September 3, 2009 at 8:09 am

I like to do the chair spin with the extended legs, holding the position (and spinning) as long as possible, ideally all the way down ’till you’re sitting on the ground with your legs still extended.
    (And then do it on both sides a couple of times)

• SaschaPoles

September 3, 2009 at 8:47 pm

awesome thread!!! i dunno actually since im not really educated in fitness and stuff, so i shouldn’t really say anything; but my friend said she see’s im getting abs, and all i do is pole….i eat a lot of crap though….so who knows really lol.

• nelly09

September 4, 2009 at 3:42 am

If poling work outs your biceps, i’m pretty sure it can work your abs out!

https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• ottersocks

September 4, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Everyone’s right, I’d say. Poling has given me definition in my abs where I had none. I am thin and super strong, but genetically not pre-disposed to having a 6-pack. I think I could become emaciated and still not have them. I also love chocolate. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif Wendy T is a bodybuilder, you can find her early competition vids on YouTube.
    In terms of building your abs, practicing shoulder mounts from seated on the floor is amazing. Just go partway and come back down, controlling the descent. Also, practicing elbow stand where you curl up instead of kick up, and control the descent back down the same way. You can even pause partway up and hold it in kind of a tuck–total ab burner.

• isabella

September 29, 2009 at 8:35 pm

I’ve seen Fawnia Monday, KT Coates, and Jamilla DeVille in figure contests (they are like body builders but don’t require THAT bulky muscle mass). Strict diet and workout regimines must be followed for success in these competitions…but I betcha pole is a big part of both their aerobic and anaerobic workouts!