StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Silicone Xpole or Pole Sleeves??

• Rocxstar1435305

April 2, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Well only half a silicone pole was sent to me 🙁 gonna be amother week til I have a whole one x pole was amazing tho and took really good care of me and corrected the mistake. They are sending me both pieces and letting me keep the additional bottom that I received today. I’m thinking I will measure it and cut it from the bottom and use it upside down as a top pole to use indoors in the winter and keep the one they r shipping full length for outdoor use

• Wcox

April 2, 2015 at 11:58 pm

@ambience24z9338 I ordered directly from xpole. I have never tried a sleeve so I may be a little biased but overall I am extremely happy with my silicone pole 🙂

• michellepange

April 4, 2015 at 1:52 pm

I just purchased my pink silicone xpole yesterday, really can’t wait to receive it by next week. Def will post some video and review. Thanks for the advice girls, you rock!

@ambience24z9338 I believe it’s called a pretzel/ballerina spin. Make sure your hips are away from the pole so it’s easier to place your leg. Back and shoulders stretches will also help. Good luck on your pretzel spin! Post up your video once you achieve it 🙂

• TatianaSD

April 11, 2015 at 9:58 am

Don’t buy the Pole Sleeve!! I bought it when it first came out and within a year it lost its color and the grip..it was like I had wrapped silk on my pole….so I decided to take it off and it was glued to my pole…we tried every powered aired pumped and nothing…so my husband just told me to cut it off and when I did it was like ripping wall paper….thank god the sticky residue that it left on my pole came off with rubbing alcohol and a sponge 🙂

• Might Grip

April 12, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Try some gloves first. Much less expensive and you can always go to covered pole.
    joel

• ambience24z9338

April 12, 2015 at 6:28 pm

Thanks TitianaDS.. I really appreciate your experience with it. 🙂 I would rather keep getting the Grip stuff than go through all of that.

• Rose2011

April 12, 2015 at 9:20 pm

I live in Alabama and I would like to have a stage pole to take outside. How would a silicone pole do on a warm/sunny day outside? Would would it do with sweaty hands/grips?

• Stephanie X Pole

April 13, 2015 at 11:42 am

Great reviews everyone! The Silicone is definitely a fantastic pole for building strength in grips as well as great for anyone with grip issues. It is also more of a Chinese pole texture- so great for those Chinese pole moves. Definitely recommended to wear appropriate clothing on silicone, as the high friction of the silicone texture can burn!

Check out this video of X-Pole girl Yukari Cooperstock here:
    https://youtu.be/eN_1hM07u6U

If you guys have any questions, don’t hesitate to email us at info@xpoleus.com

• michellepange

April 20, 2015 at 1:05 pm

@TatianaSD It sounds bad! Lucky I did purchase the Silicone Xpole instead. Thanks for sharing your experience 🙂

@MIght Grip I have your gloves product and I really love them! The grip is amazing, however I feel that it’s a lil bit hard to slide down wearing the gloves as the hands get too sticky to the pole. I still love them anyway, been such a life saver for me.

Thanks for all the reply everyone! I’ve got my Silicone Xpole recently.
    As expected, the grip is amazing. However, I rather confused of what kind of clothing I should wear. I tried leggings and yoga pants, it’s definitely a big no. The pants stick to the pole, while my skin doesn’t grip the fabric, so my body keeps sliding down. The pants stretched too much that I didn’t feel secure to do any upside down trick. I tried jeans, it worked fine but some moves become harder as the fabric is not flexible. Then I tried bare skin, surprisingly it worked much better than the pants or jeans, but whenever I slide down my skin burns so bad. So I ended up having some ripped skin over my right leg. Overall, I like my silicone Xpole, I just need to discover more. Hope I could find a suitable clothing soon!

• Wcox

April 20, 2015 at 11:12 pm

@michellepange I tried different types of yoga pants. One pair was an epic fail but one pair I love on my silicone (same experience with shits and i have a sweet scar on my sholder back to show for it). I like to layer or have different clothes during my session To change. Since I have figured out what works well for me, I started planning what pants for what moves. Lol it took me about a month to get really comfortable with silicone and clothes.

• grandgalettes

November 24, 2018 at 10:02 pm

I also had gripping/sticking to the pole problems. Before you spend the money on an expensive silicone pole or sleeve go to the hardware store and pick up non adhesive silicone tape. Three rolls ($22 total) covered my pole and it works amazing. No glue at all it just sticks to itself and the pole really well so it should be removable or replaceable if it wears out. Start wrapping and stretching it around from the bottom overlaping just a litte so the overlap is smooth going downward. I inverted for the first time literally on my firat attempt after applying this.

• Legs4Days

February 23, 2019 at 3:16 pm

Did the tape make ur pole feel warmer by any chance?

Page 2 of 2